What The Hell Has Happened To The Florida Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Maurice’s systems have always seemed out of date and not up to snuff. Rumblings from Jet players are that there was very little coaching going on from PoMo.

Florida’s management and owners won’t have the same kind of patience/loyalty he was afforded in Winnipeg.
As long as Maurice gets the yr in and the results are bad i'm fine with it,

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Verhaeghe is found money, a good player. Duclair to me is sort of a bad team scorer, or a guy who is a nice advantage to have on your 3rd line beating up on 3rd d pairings. I like him, but he's like a rich man's Athanasiou. Barkov is an absolute superstar. Tkachuk might be the best in the league at what he does (anything to do with the puck below the hashmarks), has hockey sense off the charts, and is a really underrated passer, but his legs are in cement so he needs to play with certain types. Bennett and Reinhart are both good players too.

I like Lundell a lot, but he's only one player. Forsling is a legit top 4 D man, Ekblad is a top pairing guy who is superlative in some areas, but slow and incredibly injury prone.

And my point about Duclair is that he is redundant on Florida. A few years ago the BlueJackets were a team that won just about every puck battle but had very few guys who could actually put it in the net. That's the sort of team where Duclair could really thrive and be a bit more essential. On Florida I see him as a bit more of a passenger who scores the 6th goal in an 8-3 win.

The balance between a good team and a bad team is razor thin these days, the Canucks lost Tanev and have looked absolutely lost in many ways ever since. I think Weegar tipped a dangerous balance for you guys, and you have no assets to improve, very little cheap talent on the pipeline. You're in danger of becoming San Jose.
Regarding Duke, he's not a winger you want playing on the first line, but, with last years team in mind, at his cap hit he's a great winger to have. He can play with any of Barkov, Bennett, or Lundell, and pushes guys like White, Staal, Luosto, Lombo, and Cousins further down the lineup. We'll see how he comes back from the injury.

Looks like.. they're back? or are the Habs that bad :laugh:
The Habs are that bad, but having Barkov and Gudas back doesn't hurt.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looks like.. they're back? or are the Habs that bad :laugh:
Panthers have done pretty well against garbage teams, but they've had struggles as slight favorites where they seem to lose far more often than they should.

So it was a good game but doesn't say all that much.
When the models don't match reality, the models are wrong. It isn't reality that's wrong.
THIS! So many people seem to think that reality should bend to models. If things keep happening against the model then it's the model that's wrong.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
They are also down Anthony Duclair, Claude Giroux and Ben Chariot and Ekblad, who was nearly a point a game last year, is producing at a much lower rate due to injuries and has missed a lot of games.

That being said, I think it's extremely foolish to look at the standings at Christmas and arrive at any kind of conclusions about how good or how bad any given team is.

For the hundredth time, for all of you who keep saying this team “lost Chiarot and Giroux,” you need to stop. These were rental players well after Florida established themselves as league leaders, you are exaggerating the roster change.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
East is so stacked. They better go on a run soon because the playoff picture is closing on them soon. Need to play almost at a Presidents trophy pace for the rest of the way to make it.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Marc Staal on your second pairing. Gudas in your top 6. Both wouldn't even make any other teams blueline.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
East is so stacked. They better go on a run soon because the playoff picture is closing on them soon. Need to play almost at a Presidents trophy pace for the rest of the way to make it.

They're not going on a run and the playoff picture has already closed. The only bright side left in this season for the Panthers is the hope that ownership gets pissed off enough to force Paul Maurice into a cab.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Marc Staal on your second pairing. Gudas in your top 6. Both wouldn't even make any other teams blueline.
Gudas isn’t that bad. If he was playing his number (as the 5 or 6) he would be a positive. Marc Staal shouldn’t be in the NHL. But your point still stands, there’s 3 or 4 NHL defenders, and despite being NHL defenders, they aren’t particularly good ones. Forsling is fantastic, and Ekblad should be fantastic but his software needs reset. Everyone else… certainly not part of recipes for good defense.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Sick comeback lmao. That’s all you ever play. First round exit professionals. Sounds so dangerous!
Which is still way better than what the panthers are used to do since the 2010'.

Im not sure how a fan of the mighty panthers can make fun of the leafs or any canadian team in their division. Zéro stability. One good year followed by regression and than one good year . Etc etc etc.

The panthers should be named the small kitty. Nothing dangerous about them, outside of M Tkachuk and his antics to injure others stars players.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
hope this continues this is the exact type of draft you want a pick like this in. chariot ——> Bedard THE PROHPECY. PLEASE

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
There are three guys on the team who flat out can't skate: Ekblad and the Staals. And yet we see night after night, the coaching staff is enamored with the idea of putting those three guys on the ice together, especially on the penalty kill. Eric Staal, a guy who couldn't even sniff the NHL last season, getting more ice time than 8/11 other forwards?

That's not a blue line problem.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
hope this continues this is the exact type of draft you want a pick like this in. chariot ——> Bedard THE PROHPECY. PLEASE
I cannot believe this might actually happen.

Even if it's not Bedard, it's prob a very good prospect. Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad