• Anaheim

Votes: 53 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like a list of each teams young dmen would go a far way for the thread, as I don’t know every teams full list of 24 and under dmen

Anaheim has

Pavel Mintyukov
Olen zellweger
Tristan Luneau
Jackson Lacombe
Urho Vaakanainen
Stein Solberg
Tyson Hinds
Noah Warren
Rodwin Dionicio
Tarin Smith

Hm: Ian moore, drew helleson,
Few others, but I’d say those are the top 10 in Anaheim.

Off top of my head I think columbus and redwings have really good young d cores…. Blend of top end guys + depth.

Devils might have the best top 4, but prob lack depth vs Montreal/Anaheim.

Hughes nemec silayev casey might be tough to beat for top end.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montréal has Reinbacher, Hutson, Mailloux and Engström, with Guhle already graduated

We have a bunch others too, but those 5 are probably the best we have

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
No debate.

New Jersey : Luke Hughes, Simon Nemec, Anton Silayev.

Collecting 10 average defenders is not a strength.

Otherwise Buffalo but I consider that Dahlin is too old (already 24).

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Anaheim ALWAYS comes to mind for having their D-core set for years, yet somehow it seems like it never really works out as planned.......and once again their future looks insane for defense.... but who knows if itll be the case

NJ should be good too but i truly think the best of the bunch may be Montreal. I just love the future group of Reinbacher, Mailloux, Hutson, Guhle, Xhekaj etc etc

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Anaheim ALWAYS comes to mind for having their D-core set for years, yet somehow it seems like it never really works out as planned.......and once again their future looks insane for defense.... but who knows if itll be the case

NJ should be good too but i truly think the best of the bunch may be Montreal. I just love the future group of Reinbacher, Mailloux, Hutson, Guhle, Xhekaj etc etc

Anaheim's defenders don't get good until they trade them away for nothing

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Anaheim's defenders don't get good until they trade them away for nothing
You’re right, we’ve never had a good defenseman we’ve drafted ever.

As for the OP, I go with NJ. I love Silayev and would have been ecstatic if we had taken him at 3.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
How is Buffalo on this list?

I think there’s wide variance on people’s impression of what ‘future’ entails. Buffalo has a great top 4 of 24-and-unders that will likely still be there and not past-prime in 3 years … by that definition they’ll have a strong short term future d corps.

But people whose view of future is a little more long term (focusing mainly on players under 22 and players not even in the league yet) would disregard most of Buffalo’s existing young but established core and be noticing the absence of pending breakthrough players.

Reactions: DaveG

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think there’s wide variance on people’s impression of what ‘future’ entails. Buffalo has a great top 4 of 24-and-indeed that will likely still be there and not past-prime in 3 years … by that definition they’ll have a strong short term future d corps.

But people whose view of future is a little more long term (focusing mainly on players under 22 and players not even in the league yet) would disregard most of Buffalo’s existing young but established core and be noticing the absence of pending breakthrough players.
Even then Buffalo's Dcore is very unbalanced reminds me of last year of when Sens had a supposed deep blueline but had too much unbalance. Byram, Dahlin, and Power are too similar of players (Especially Byram and Power being very raw but not very intelligent players). Samuelsson is nice, but he's one player and he gets injured often.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks young D pool for comparisons

Artyom Levshunov - 18 yrs old, 2024 1st round (AHL bound)
Kevin Korchinski - 20 yrs old, 2022 1st round (NHL)
Sam Rinzel - 20 yrs old, 2022 1st round (NCAA)
Ethan Del Mastro - 21 yrs old, 2021 4th round (AHL/NHL)
Wyatt Kaiser - 21 yrs old, 2020 3rd round (AHL/NHL)
Nolan Allan - 21 yrs old, 2021 1st round (AHL)
Isaak Phillips - 22 yrs old, 2020 5th round (AHL/NHL)
Taige Harding - 22 yrs old, 2021 3rd round (NCAA)
Connor Kelley - 22 yrs old, 2021 7th round (NCAA)
Alex Vlasic - 23 yrs old, 2019 2nd round (NHL)
Louis Crevier - 23 yrs old, 2020 7th round (AHL/NHL)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
1. New Jersey
I just love the depth they have in this position. Casey, Hughes, Nemec, and Silayev is just a great core of prospects.

2. Buffalo
Buffalo had Dahlin who is still young, Owen Power who I’ve never been super high on, and Mattias Samuelsson who is decent. The rest of their prospects McCarthy, Strbak, Kleber, and Ryan Johnson aren’t bad prospects, but nothing to get super excited about at this point. However, if Power can live up to his draft position, you don’t need guys with huge upside to form a great D-Core.

3. Montreal
I don’t feel that Montreal really has that minute munching #1 D in their system that would put them higher on this list. Make no mistake, Lane Hutson, David Reinbacher, Logan Mallioux, Kaiden Guhle, and Arber Xhekej would be a rock solid top 6.

4. Detroit
Detroit is a team with a lot of good defensive prospects on paper. Obviously, Moritz Sieder will be their number one for a long time. Simon Edvinsson, Axel Sandin-Pellika, Shai Buium, William Wallinder, Albert Johansson, and Brady Cleveland is an interesting mix of players. I still feel like I’m waiting to see some of these guys step up and show their potential.

5. Columbus
Columbus has some great prospects in their system. David Jiricek is obviously the first name that comes to mind, but they have some solid guys in the system. Denton Mateychuk, Carson Ceulemans, Stanislav Svozil, Andrew Strathmann, and Samuel Knazko are all players with decent potential. I like their prospects on D.

Last edited:

Ad

Ad

Ad