Speculation: What Tampa gonna do with their contract situations the next two seasons?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
We'll probably lose a contract in the expansion draft. I have a feeling we might wind up leaving Killorn exposed.
you cant leave killorn exposed. he has one of those clauses. same with stamkos callahan fillipula garrison hedman stralman and coburn. and bishop.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
you cant leave killorn exposed. he has one of those clauses. same with stamkos callahan fillipula garrison hedman stralman and coburn. and bishop.

Yes they can. He has an NTC that doesn't even kick in until 2017-18. Garrison, Stralman and Coburn also have only NTC's as well, not NMC's.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes they can. He has an NTC that doesn't even kick in until 2017-18. Garrison, Stralman and Coburn also have only NTC's as well, not NMC's.
you still have to protect the guys with no trade clauses

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Only players with no movement clauses must be protected. Teams are free to make players with only no trade clauses available in the expansion draft.

ok i just seen that as well. i still believe theyll have a lot of headaches with the ntcs they have. a player will just submit a list of teams that cant take on their caphit if they wanna stay in tampa

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We'll probably lose a contract in the expansion draft. I have a feeling we might wind up leaving Killorn exposed.

That's also my thought. With hindisight, I personally see Killorn now as the odd-man out, no matter what.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's also my thought. With hindisight, I personally see Killorn now as the odd-man out, no matter what.

I also feel like that might be why his contract was (relatively) quick, but also pretty expensive. Yzerman probably feels like this is a contract we can get out of quickly.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
ok i just seen that as well. i still believe theyll have a lot of headaches with the ntcs they have. a player will just submit a list of teams that cant take on their caphit if they wanna stay in tampa

The only guy that may cause problem to move on paper is Garrison. Killorn is unprotected and clearly an attractive asset, you can also buy out Flip's last year to save another $3.4M and let walk Bishop.

Let me make it clear though; You won't find a lot of Bolts fans that want Garrison out, he's been so damn reliable and plays with a ton of heart... But between him and Palat or Johnson, it's these young forwards every day of the week.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I dunno but that Alex killorn contract seems very illogical especially with all these other guys due for pretty big pay days

I think it was signed with the intention of Vegas claiming him. He's a youngish middle 6 forward that Vegas is going to be full of.

I dont think a pick 25+ and Callahan or something is enticing enough for Vegas.

Someone like DeAngelo would have to be added to help out a contender if Vegas thinks they can contend in the first 2-3 years.

I really like that kid though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it was signed with the intention of Vegas claiming him. He's a youngish middle 6 forward that Vegas is going to be full of.

I dont think a pick 25+ and Callahan or something is enticing enough for Vegas.

Someone like DeAngelo would have to be added to help out a contender if Vegas thinks they can contend in the first 2-3 years.

I really like that kid though

TB didn't like him nearly as much. ;)

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
He will have a year left on his deal, he has been passed on the depth chart already so if he wants to cash in on another big deal getting top 6 minutes on Vegas might be the way to go. Yzerman is probably already pushing him to waive and most players will waive if asked.

How often do players refuse to waive though? They may for a certain team but in the end they usually waive for one they don't mind going to. Not sure on the exact details of the deal but it is also a Modified NTC so he may have to submit a list of teams he will go to. Players typically don't hold the team hostage so Yzerman should be able to move him if he's trying to.

You might be right, but do you have any examples ?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
(...)
Every GM hands out NTC and NMC a lot, it's not just a Yzerman thing. Patrick Sharp was a cup winning team and waived, Spezza was the captain and with the only franchise he knew and waived, St. Louis waived, players waive I'm not worried Filppula will hold it against us if we asked him.

Spezza had a modified NTC (had to list 20 teams he could be traded to), St. Louis asked for a trade, Sharp also had a modified NTC.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The only guy that may cause problem to move on paper is Garrison. Killorn is unprotected and clearly an attractive asset, you can also buy out Flip's last year to save another $3.4M and let walk Bishop.

Let me make it clear though; You won't find a lot of Bolts fans that want Garrison out, he's been so damn reliable and plays with a ton of heart... But between him and Palat or Johnson, it's these young forwards every day of the week.

Yep gonna miss Garrison. Solid 2nd pairing LD with an awesome shot and so damn reliable and underrated. Awesome guy to have on the team. I see Vegas snagging him since we can’t pass up saving 77 & 6 (obviously) and possibly Koekkoek or maybe Sustr depending one who has the better season and continues to develop.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yep gonna miss Garrison. Solid 2nd pairing LD with an awesome shot and so damn reliable and underrated. Awesome guy to have on the team. I see Vegas snagging him since we can’t pass up saving 77 & 6 (obviously) and possibly Koekkoek or maybe Sustr depending one who has the better season and continues to develop.

they could take Garrison---highly unlikely. They arent going to take a 32 yr old player with 1 yr to UFA over a forward likely exposed who is 24-27 or a younger player like Sustr on defense.

For them to take someone like Callahan they will have to be given a few picks, prospects, and ELC players (likely 3-4 pieces).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spezza had a modified NTC (had to list 20 teams he could be traded to), St. Louis asked for a trade, Sharp also had a modified NTC.

Filpulla has a modified NTC as well so he's in the same category as them. Didn't Iginla have one which he waived but picked where he went? It happens occasionally.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Filpulla has a modified NTC as well so he's in the same category as them. Didn't Iginla have one which he waived but picked where he went? It happens occasionally.

That I can agree with.

But it's quite different from what you originally wrote:

He will have a year left on his deal, he has been passed on the depth chart already so if he wants to cash in on another big deal getting top 6 minutes on Vegas might be the way to go. Yzerman is probably already pushing him to waive and most players will waive if asked.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Just a guess, but I imagine Yzerman will negotiate contracts with them and make necessary moves to field the best possible team, given his resources. Again, just a guess.

Just a guess but that's what every NHL GM does, as that's their job. Again just a guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad