What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Damn it, it is tough to keep being a fan of this league. More expansion is not what we need. f*** the greedy owners.
This makes the league worse for 32 fan bases. I’ll never understand how anyone besides potential Atlanta fans think this is a good idea.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The real question is where will the new Atlanta expansion team end up relocating to ?
Each time they failed they moved to Canada, so maybe when the new Atlanta team fails they'll move to Quebec city ?

• Haha
Reactions: OKR and bert

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
If Atlanta were to get a third try I think it has to be Thrashers. I think the only way the potential Ownership Group goes with something else, is if they believe the Thrashers brand was tarnished. In saying that, I don't think the brand was the problem, it was essentially everything but the brand that was the problem.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
momentum picking back up

General consensus is the team will be announced at Gm meeting right before end of the year

3 billion is insane even with building an arena being added into that costs.

If this happens that means the league will absolutely be expanding to 34 teams to get an even number as well. I just don't care for it.

It will never, ever happen but I'd rather promotion/regulation than continued expansion but again, never, ever gonna happen.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
#s 1, 2, 4, 5, and 8 are legitimately the worst suggestions I’ve ever heard for naming a franchise. Especially 1 and 2; I assure you nobody cares about the Olympics that much and hosting them isn’t as special as you seem to think it is lmao.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
IMG-4532.jpg

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Alphas, if they're based in Alpharetta.

An A theme is pretty solid. Flames retained the flaming A after inheriting it from Atlanta. All the alt captains on the team use it and the AHL team Stockton heat used it as their logo. Wranglers have a flaming W now. I also really liked the "t" symbol with the thrasher that Atlanta used.

The Phoenix idea works well, especially since it's also on the Atlanta city seal but obviously it has hurdles. I'm not sure other similar naming ideas in the vein of mythology, reincarnation/incarnate/resurrection etc. would work, albeit the latter might have a chance if Chick fil a suddenly decides they want to get into hockey.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
The Phoenix idea works well, especially since it's also on the Atlanta city seal but obviously it has hurdles. I'm not sure other similar naming ideas in the vein of mythology, reincarnation/incarnate/resurrection etc. would work, albeit the latter might have a chance if Chick fil a suddenly decides they want to get into hockey.
The tie-in would be a spicy chicken something or other, with graphics of the cow from their ad campaigns holding up a sign that says "eat mor phoenix" while wearing a hockey jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad