What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That, and Atlanta, more than practically anywhere else in the South, does not live in the past. It's the literal birthplace of the civil rights movement. People who associate present day Atlanta with Civil War stuff are just parroting movie tropes, not reality.
As a mega super duper history nerd it always struck me as crazy they *STILL* went with "Flames" as their expansion name. They must've been trying to appeal to the entire state at the time because Atlanta hasn't been "Ol Dixie" since Coca Cola was going into 1900

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
As a mega super duper history nerd it always struck me as crazy they *STILL* went with "Flames" as their expansion name. They must've been trying to appeal to the entire state at the time because Atlanta hasn't been "Ol Dixie" since Coca Cola was going into 1900
Wait, is this 1970s' meaning of "Flames" an actual thing by the franchise, or are you just speculating?

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Atlanta ACAB

Rolls off the tongue nicely.

Obviously just kidding but boy oh boy they are top 3 worst police forces in the states and that's f***ing impressive.

The Atlanta It should have been Quebec City.

Sorry, not sorry. QC, and Canada as whole, is once again getting the shaft from Bettman and Co. QC has done everything to get a team. The fanbase too is rabid and has shown it's support ad nauseum in the past decades.

This whole escapade is ridiculous, but perfectly in-line with Bettman's philosophy of kicking a dead horse until it is smashed into it's component atoms alive once more, and quoting Shakespeare.
If only there was a team from Quebec in the league, hey?!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've been out of this thread for a few days now, what's the total count for people saying "Flashers" or "Third-times-a-charms" or "Leavers" or "something based on where they move to after Atlanta/Placeholders" up to?

Those are all my favorite because they're so original

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I've been out of this thread for a few days now, what's the total count for people saying "Flashers" or "Third-times-a-charms" or "Leavers" or "something based on where they move to after Atlanta/Placeholders" up to?

Those are all my favorite because they're so original

How about the Atlanta TBA's? Would save money on marketing.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The Thrashers had a great name, a great logo, and great jerseys. There's no reason to re-invent the wheel. They should just bring them right back, as if they never left.

But if they did go for a re-brand, I would love for the team to be a bit self-aware and be the Atlanta Phoenix. Rising from the ashes and all that. Plus a firebird would make a fantastic logo.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Toronto Maple Leafs won't let Hamilton happen. Even if the NHL wanted them to, I don't think they can.

They can. Hamilton Owners would just have to write the Maple Leafs a. massive check/cheque. Sabres too.

Do we think if the Jets will cede the Thrashers historical record and stats back to Atlanta?

Since they do not acknowledge their predecessors, I don't think this should be an issue?

Would be rad to have jersey retirements for Kovy, Hossa, Kozlov in the first year back

Would also hope we can claim Gucci Kane so he can finish his career with us in the expansion draft

I doubt it. Phoenix never did the same for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad