What Should the new Atlanta NHL team be named?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Thrashers are the third type of bird in Atlanta, with the Falcons and Hawks already in existence, so it was a sort of play on the old city themes, like Cubs and Bears, etc. It probably works fine as a name, but IMHO it will need some refinement as a brand, i.e., new scheme for the sweaters, logos, etc.

That said, the Georgia Peach wouldn't be terrible, although a little too nice for hockey.

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Atlanta Zero
The Zero in Coca Cola Font, so team name is an add, like the Red Bull teams doing it.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
The Toronto Maple Leafs won't let Hamilton happen. Even if the NHL wanted them to, I don't think they can.

That's exactly it. It was never Buffalo that was the problem it was Toronto. Although I would suspect that Buffalo would have preferred Hamilton not to be there also.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not sure which one I like the best but I would go with either Stooges, Amigos or Blind Mice.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
What about the Atlanta Redjackets?
my brain is struggling to make sense of your profile pic alongside the team name you suggested. maybe there is more to it?

1707258333691.png

Reactions: Chainshot

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
How about the Vagrants? since they’ll be getting the bum rush outta town an a couple years.

Heck, just call them the Atlanta Bum Rush, that will definitely sell some jerseys.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Misinformed Atlanta Pathetic Trolls of Laziness is too long of a name.
Atlanta Luda Jon's is my vote.

Although I'm a big Killer Mike and RTJ fan and would love to see Mike repping that team over Luda and LJ.

The bitterness is astoundingly hilarious
Really is. Atlanta deserves a team and I would be happy to see them get one again and this time without a shitty owner.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Somebody already said "Atlanta Coyotes" in this thread, right? Ok, ok, I have been to Atlanta and Phoenix both. Wile E. is the only coyote that could ever be found in either place, so I don't see a problem. :dunno:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Atlanta Grey Jackets. Would make for some epic CBJ games.
I silently considered greyshirts but I don't think it would work or market. It's one of those things that's purely historical but so touchy it'll never fly. Blue Jackets can at least be connected to emancipation. You don't want to risk marketing the old rebellion and having it connected to slavery. Some history you have to leave in the past even if you can find the Civil War to be an intriguing and fascinating subject

nhlfan79

Feb 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I silently considered greyshirts but I don't think it would work or market. It's one of those things that's purely historical but so touchy it'll never fly. Blue Jackets can at least be connected to emancipation. You don't want to risk marketing the old rebellion and having it connected to slavery. Some history you have to leave in the past even if you can find the Civil War to be an intriguing and fascinating subject

That, and Atlanta, more than practically anywhere else in the South, does not live in the past. It's the literal birthplace of the civil rights movement. People who associate present day Atlanta with Civil War stuff are just parroting movie tropes, not reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad