Speculation: What is Swayman's Trade Value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
We'll offer you Gibson, take it or leave it.

Jokes aside, I am still fairly certain Gibson could become a bonafide number 1 goalie again in a different market and with an actually capable defense in front of him.

Maybe something around Gibson @30% retained plus a B-level prospect like Sidorov could be considered fair value.

Boston gets a proven goalie with a somewhat high probability of bouncing back and rejuvenating his career as well as a prospect that pots goals en masse in juniors but is completely unproven amongst men.

Anaheim gets a great goalie, who can easily mentor Dostal to take over in a few years and some redemption for the lopsided mess that was the Lindholm deal.
Lol how long did it take you to convince yourself this wasn't completely one sided

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
It’s the absolute worst time to trade him. Everyone has their net locked in with a roster of healthy goalies, and on top of that, gms know that Sweeney is bent over the barrel (at the price that sway is asking)

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I know the Demko for Sway are jokes but still feel the need to say no interest in shelling out 8-9-19 million for a goalie, especially if you can have a system that can make a 3 million goalie look like a star (not saying that about Bruins and Swaymam, but rather my aspirations for Van).

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
AFPAnalytics which have been close on most contracts had his value @ 5 years x 6.4m

They used hellebyuk shesterkin and demko contracts as comparables.

Yeah, and that would make him the 6th highest paid goalie in the NHL. Maybe 500k more and one year less, but it sounds like Gross is trying to make up a new market for RFA goalies, so who knows when it will end. But, the Bruins moving Swayman for some shit value instead of saying "fine, go find an offer sheet" just doesn't make much sense. I mean Nylander held out until 12/1 with Gross and, in the long run, its barely mattered a blip. The Bruins aren't going to make a dumb long term decision over 25 games (of which Swayman would only have been starting 15-17) and Swayman ain't gonna sit out a whole year and not get a dime.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If a team acquires a player without knowing what the contract will be, they leave themselves vulnerable.

If you pay assets for a player and then don't sign him, that's like buying hot air. If the player then uses this leverage, there's a risk. The player alone does not determine value. It's the combination of player and contract that does.

But yeah, reading your message, I can see it from your angle. If a player like Suzuki (or even Montembault really) haggled for a contract, I most certainly wouldn't give him away as a RFA for free.

I just don't think it would be very wise for a team to acquire them. It usually ends up with a bad contract and a player that has negative (or neutral) value.

I'd certainly be on board if Hughes inquired about Swayman and asked the Bruins permission for contract discussions before the trade. But then, why not just make a contract offer at the RFA for what you think is fair value, see if he likes it? Then the Bruins can either match, or take the compensation, or discuss a different trade with the other team. Seems more simple to me than trading for a mystery contract.

Swayman is an Offer Sheet eligible Restricted Free Agent.

That means every team in the league can currently talk to Swayman about potential contract terms without permission from Boston.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I think Swayman would be perfect for Colorado if they are going all in on winning the cup. Goaltending is the only weakness they have.

Colton, Georgiev, 1st Round Pick, Ritchie for Swayman

Reactions: PlayMakers

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
LMAO

Hab fans. Savard is worth a 1st.

also Habs fans, Swayman is worth nothing and potentially negative value if signed. Unreal.

Pulling 11.5 out your backside and adding etc like it could go higher is laughable.
Almost as if you could find 2 different opinions from people that cheer for the same hockey team right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad