WJC: What if: Team Russia '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Anyone else missing Russia in International Competition? I don't think they should be there per se (this isn't meant as a political debate), but I am missing seeing the top players against the best the world has to offer.

What would a team Russia 2025 look like, assuming Michkov doesn't get released.

Demidov
But
Ryabkin
Chernyshov
Surin
Gridin
Artamonov
Kantserov

Smiashev
Silyayev
Gulyayev

Just to name a few.

They would be really good.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But-Demidov-Rykov
Ilyin-Surin-Rimashevsky
Mukhanov-Ryabkin-Artamonov
Plesovskikh-Gorbunov-Susuyev
Khanin

Simashev-Gulyayev
Shuravin-Silayev
Siryatsky-Ishimnikov
Kol-Shchuchinov

Zavragin
Volokhin
M. Yegorov

Reactions: kp61c and waitin425

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Assuming Chernyshov is recovered from surgery, he'd play on the Dynamo line

Chernyshov-Ryabkin-Rimashevsky

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Let's do a what if lineup for Ukraine, if Russia hadn't invaded, degraded their infrastructure and killed a bunch of their people.
By your avatar I take it you might have some bias in saying that.

Can’t hockey fans on a message board just discuss hypotheticals or you gotta bring wars into the discussion?

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yea it sucks I miss playing Russia. Always good games and their goalies are cracked

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Plenty of talent to spread around

Artamonov - Demidov - Rykov
But - Ilyin - Mukhanov
Chernyshov - Ryabkin - Rimashevsky
Solovyov - Surin - Khanin

Simashev - Gulyayev
Silayev - Shchuchinov
Shuravin - Pesterev

Zavragin
Volokhin

Last edited:

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
What is so funny about Ukrainian people killed and the 5 hockey rinks destroyed by Russia?

What’s funny is the butthurt stooges who feel the need to bring up Ukraine in every thread about Russia.

The topic has nothing to do with Ukraine hockey.

Reactions: kp61c

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
By your avatar I take it you might have some bias in saying that.

Can’t hockey fans on a message board just discuss hypotheticals or you gotta bring wars into the discussion?
If these proliferating threads were anything other than transparent attempts to make people sorry for the poor beknighted Russians who can't play hockey, maybe. There's a whole sub-thread just for Russia and another just for the KHL. If we have to get more talk about poor Russia being excluded, let's have a reminder of why they are excluded.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If these proliferating threads were anything other than transparent attempts to make people sorry for the poor beknighted Russians who can't play hockey, maybe. There's a whole sub-thread just for Russia and another just for the KHL. If we have to get more talk about poor Russia being excluded, let's have a reminder of why they are excluded.
Literally no one has made one attempt in this thread to make anyone feel sorry for Russia. People just want to discuss hockey. Each post specifically about Russia in this thread has been about their hypothetical WJC team. The people that have brought the Ukraine aspect into this thread are the ones that have tried to make this more than about hockey.

Why does everything have to be so damn political and hostile and tribal? Like you obviously have your loyalties and all that, but this isn’t really the place for that. There’s no reason this thread should be anything other than discussing 2005, 2006, and 2007 born Russia hockey players. Thats what it’d be for any other country, so why would Russia be any different?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah regardless of whether someone thinks Russia should be banned or not, the thread is about the theoretical Russian hockey team, not Russia invading Ukraine. Theoretical teams an be interesting.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Mine is post 22. We've already had two or three posts lamenting the absence of Russia from the championships. It happens so frequently that my suspicious mind wonders if that's intentional.

Reactions: Faterson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad