GDT: Game 2/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 15- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I disagree. Habs have more shots, more possession, more high chance. They have way better depth and it shows. The Minten Hirvonen Cowan line is just sick though, but after that it falls off... Habs have the better defense and it shows, they help a lot to keep possession and retake the puck. Beck line and Thorpe lines have been great, the other 2 lines have been adequate as well
... and with all what you say, they lost both games. Neither team was dominant.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
... and with all what you say, they lost both games. Neither team was dominant.
The Habs had invites in net, that was the main difference IMO. Way better goaltending by the leafs yesterday. They played better today and were opportunistic. I still firmly believe the Habs prospects outplayed the leafs prospect in a lot of facets, not by a lot oftentimes, but it's to be expected of a rebuilding team.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
What did you all think of Owen Protz? Obviously a very raw young player.

Very VERY raw.
Decent skating ability, decend size.
Bad decisions with the puck, No poises with the puck, fumbling passes and/or getting pickpocked. Couldn't find lanes when shooting.

Not much positive from those 2 games. It's his first pro camp tho so maybe there was a lot of nerves and stress that could explain most of it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, you sell, but when you sell get nothing really from it.
We got a 1st. More than acceptable.
Habs were already on track to finish last with Toffoli.
It's not like we finished well below everyone. Toffoli easily could've moved us up.
Hutson was the Oilers pick I think, or whatever 2nd they sent over.
You are correct. My mistake. I shoulda remembered that one.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I wonder what MSL was thinking watching Lane do his thing out there. He's the exact type of player for his "system". The things MSL will be able to do with Hutson and Demidov will be something else...

Much better second game from the Xhekaj line. Him and Tuch should be fun to watch develop in Laval this year.

Reinbacher and Mailloux too had much better games. The Beck line looked good as well, same for Mesar.

Farrell has very little NHL upside unfortunately.

All in all, I think most guys had a pretty good game. Even though they lost both, I'd say it was a pretty successful rookie camp.

Cowan is going to be a good player and hopefully Mintten's injury isn't serious. Looking forward too main camp!

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Both goalies were ahl quality. both will never make the nhl. it will be up to the russian and fowler.
Mesar is trade bait and a few others.. Hughes needed to see these two games and get a full understanding of the prospect pool. pink slips need to be handed out to some prospects so to make room of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad