Goldeyes thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Losing 1-0 in the 9th in game one. An error cost them the one run in the first and they wasted a good pitching performance by their ace with horrific batting. Four hits all game, guys trying to bunt to get on. Their overall effort tonight has been Jets-in-an-elimination-game bad.

Reactions: Fairview

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The 2023 Goldeyes showed up today. No clutch hitting, no clutch pitching, and a terrible effort for most of the game.

Tomorrow is essentially a must win in the best-of-three.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The 2023 Goldeyes showed up today. No clutch hitting, no clutch pitching, and a terrible effort for most of the game.

Tomorrow is essentially a must win in the best-of-three.
It's a best-of-five final.

Saturday's game was a terrific playoff baseball game. Losing 2-1 in 11 innings is "anybody's game". Sunday is in Kane County, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (as required) in Winnipeg.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It's a best-of-five final.

Saturday's game was a terrific playoff baseball game. Losing 2-1 in 11 innings is "anybody's game". Sunday is in Kane County, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (as required) in Winnipeg.
Oops, typo. I meant it’s essentially a must win in a best-of-five as I don’t like anyone’s chances of winning three straight.

Their bats finally woke up near the end which gives me a bit of hope, but they more or less quit against Kane County’s ace. Multiple times trying to bunt aboard with nobody on. They had no answers.

They had multiple chances to steal this win after playing like shit for nine and two-thirds’ innings but there was just no clutch hitting, which plagued us all of last season.

Fortunately, Kane County’s rotation isn’t as strong as ours, so it should be advantage Winnipeg in the next few games.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hitting has been beyond pathetic this series for the Goldeyes.

The bats need to wake up for them to have a chance.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No hits through five innings for the Goldeyes. Pitching has been good enough, although the fourth inning was not good.

When things aren’t going well for this Goldeyes team they tend to completely fold.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Seven innings, no hits. This is an embarrassing effort offensively.

They’ve been better at home this season. Looks like they’re gonna need to be.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
American Association umping is laughably bad.

I thought the CFL had the worst reffing in pro sports.

I was wrong.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Make no mistake, Kane County was great in games one and two, but they have not been good tonight. Goldeyes have been beating themselves tonight.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Goldeyes beat themselves this series. Disappointing, but at least they had a good season. Just completely collapsed in the finals.

Hopefully they can win three more games next season.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
A Miles Wolff finals for the history books
IMG_9322.gif

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Goldeyes beat themselves this series. Disappointing, but at least they had a good season. Just completely collapsed in the finals.

Hopefully they can win three more games next season.

I don't watch a ton of baseball but I think the hitting problems got in their heads. They were chasing all sorts of junk, especially with players on base. Left a lot of points on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad