What do you drive?

Vodka_Tonic

Sep 30, 2006
Zürich
2015 Volvo V70. Bought new in Sweden, at half the price Volvo Cars Switzerland was asking.

I'm currently looking at the new V60 as a replacement. Do any of the resident Swedes know Volvo Dealers in Sweden that return MOMS after Export? Besides Bilia Malmö, where I bought my V70.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Thehair17

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
You said only 230k, don't know much about these engines but are they expected to run, let's say, up to 500k without major problems? What's MPG like?
The reliability of the engine is quite good but the fuel economy is garbage. I average maybe 15 mpg so if you're looking for something cheap or even reasonable on gas look elsewhere.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
04 Durango with the Hemi , why would you not get the Hemi , but that's the German Shepherd's truck . :laugh: Wife drives a 05 Blazer and my summer , no rain vehicle is a 02 Z28 camaro 35th anniversary edition , my baby . :laugh:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I drive a 2004 Toyota Avalon (bought with 96k miles, i'm at 103k

Funny thing about the Avalon. I have driven various Avs sporadically. My boss had one and the brother has had a couple. Toyota never seemed to advertise these vehicles.
Maybe it's just the name "Avalon" that is is not inspiring. But appears one of the better value large cars . Sort driving a sofa, but a nice, dependable sofa.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Funny thing about the Avalon. I have driven various Avs sporadically. My boss had one and the brother has had a couple. Toyota never seemed to advertise these vehicles.
Maybe it's just the name "Avalon" that is is not inspiring. But appears one of the better value large cars . Sort driving a sofa, but a nice, dependable sofa.

I am surprised about this as well. It's a very nice vehicle, but I had never heard of it before I actually went to look at it at the dealership. Anyone who has driven one or ridden in one will tell you how nice they are, but they're not very commonly known. Everyone knows the Corolla, Camry, and Civic, but the Avalon has fallen by the wayside.

Driving a dependable sofa is the perfect way to put it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dodge Journey. I think it’s a 2014, just paid it off today actually.

TD Charlie senior also just picked up a 69 barracuda, and there’s a set of keys on my counter right now. I plan on driving that, often, come spring time

Reactions: rynryn

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I am surprised about this as well. It's a very nice vehicle, but I had never heard of it before I actually went to look at it at the dealership. Anyone who has driven one or ridden in one will tell you how nice they are, but they're not very commonly known. Everyone knows the Corolla, Camry, and Civic, but the Avalon has fallen by the wayside.

Driving a dependable sofa is the perfect way to put it.
The Avalon is more of a luxury vehicle but Toyota has Lexus for their luxury line so it makes sense that the Avalon gets overlooked a bit. I haven't driven an Avalon yet, but the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven was a Lexus LS series and, with the way car manufacturers do things, I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota incorporated some of that sweet LS tech into the Avalon at a more affordable price.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The Avalon is more of a luxury vehicle but Toyota has Lexus for their luxury line so it makes sense that the Avalon gets overlooked a bit. I haven't driven an Avalon yet, but the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven was a Lexus LS series and, with the way car manufacturers do things, I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota incorporated some of that sweet LS tech into the Avalon at a more affordable price.
Since I got the Avalon I always joke that I live a lavish lifestyle these days since it's technically listed as a luxury vehicle. lol. I wouldn't be surprised either, it's got some nice features to it. It's a model year older than my last car (Dodge Stratus), but feels a few years newer in terms of the features and design.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
My wife and I just bought a new vehicle last week. 2018 Chevy Suburban LT. It is so much bigger then my little Santa Fe that it is taking a little bit to get used to its handling.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
If you went to a Chevy dealer and didn't leave with a Bolt EV, you made big a mistake, I'm sorry. Yeah, it looks lame, but once you drive it you'll know what I'm talking about.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
2009 Nissan Altima. Total basic bitch car, but the thing is paid off and runs just fine.

If I had to upgrade, I would buy an SUV, because upgrading from a sedan to a sedan would be pretty pointless.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
06 Honda Accord...nothing flashy but never had issues with it which is the total opposite of my late 90s Chevy Malibu which was already causing problems at like 50K :D

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I just junked my 1996 and 1998 Ford E350's Both still ran great. But sadly Rust finally got to be too much to handle. I had 196,000 on the '96 and the AC still worked. There was 146,000 on the '98. It still ran good but the AC was broken.

To replace them I bought a 2004 Ford E350 Unicell van and a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad