What are you looking forward to most this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What's the top 3 things you're looking forward to this season?

• Berubes influence

• Tanev with Rielly

• Changes to PK/PP

• Captain Matthews influence

• Shanahan's extension

• Shanahan's final season

• Tavares extension

• Tavares final season

• Marner extension

• Marner final season

• Rookies in the lineup

• Who becomes the #1 Goalie

• 4 Nations Cup

• Playoffs

• Skipping the regular season

• Knies progression

Results are only viewable after voting.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
New coaching staff.
Not only Berube but Lane Lambert was also just recently a HC.
I think the potential upside of a coaching change gets underrated sometimes and think there's still more this core group can give.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Everyone should be focused on Berube, so while redundant, he was one of my Top 3 curiosities.

The team really really really to infinity and beyond - Google Suche
need rookies to contribute.

Woll cannot continue to
1724432551102.png

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Tavares' extension
Followed very closely by Marner's extension

Incredibly crucial we keep this illustrious winning group together

Requesting option: Marner leaving via UFA
Hahahahahaha.
I put last year for Marner and Tavares with new coach effect as my third

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We have finally mercifully outgrown OHL level Soo Management and now have REAL NHL level GM, Coach & Director of Amateur scouting. :wave:

General Manager | Brad Treliving
Head Coach | Craig Berube
Director, Amateur Scouting | Mark Leach

The switch is now complete and Big, Mean and Mobile in style, vision and design in team building that allows the Leafs to play North-South and dump and chase effectively and the team takes on the image of their new coach.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Tavares' extension
Followed very closely by Marner's extension

Incredibly crucial we keep this illustrious winning group together

:DDOh yeah, third in our division elite!

We don't want to mess with the good thing

Are we talking Mitch bank winning or Leafs?

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I can't wait to see if Mitchy will feel like playing staring in October or his usual December start
I can't wait to see how Willie deals with the pressure of the contract, if he is around PPG it'll be fine, if he's on pace for 60 it'll be bad...real bad.

Reactions: myleafs

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Coaching, seeing if berube can do better than keefe to motivate these guys

Goaltending, can woll handle the starting load, and can stolarz provide stability if not

Otherwise I don’t really care too much, Matthews will score his goals. Marner his assists, nylander his point and Tavares will be useless for a portion of the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To be honest waiting for Shanahan’s contract to expire. I think maybe then we can start seeing real team building. I will be much more optimistic once Shanny, JT, and Marner are gone.

Shanahan is only concerned with selling jerseys clearly. He knows full well what a real SC contender looks like, but for some reason he turned into this corporate shill whose primary objective is to make money. He knew this whole time this doesn’t work. Come on, he knows full well these guys don't have "it". But he refused to do anything and just let his GMs cave into the player’s demands.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To be honest waiting for Shanahan’s contract to expire. I think maybe then we can start seeing real team building. I will be much more optimistic once Shanny, JT, and Marner are gone.

Shanahan is only concerned with selling jerseys clearly. He knows full well what a real SC contender looks like, but for some reason he turned into this corporate shill whose primary objective is to make money. He knew this whole time this doesn’t work. Come on, he knows full well these guys don't have "it". But he refused to do anything and just let his GMs cave into the player’s demands.
This makes absolutely no sense.
Even if you believe all they care about is selling jerseys(which makes no sense), winning would sell the most jerseys and make the most money.

Incompetence <> Indifference

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We have finally mercifully outgrown OHL level Soo Management and now have REAL NHL level GM, Coach & Director of Amateur scouting. :wave:

General Manager | Brad Treliving
Head Coach | Craig Berube
Director, Amateur Scouting | Mark Leach

The switch is now complete and Big, Mean and Mobile in style, vision and design in team building that allows the Leafs to play North-South and dump and chase effectively and the team takes on the image of their new coach.

I am looking forward to Mess continuing to say we have changed as a team when they are essentially the same team.

It is enjoyable to see a 2,000 word essay filled with nothing of substance and him calling us "big, mean, and mobile" when the same players are on the team, and then calling people real NHL level when they have won the same as their predecessor and haven't even held the job they are in before.

It's always fun seeing how he can come up with new propaganda.

The team is the same as last year, and the year before.

Excited to watch them play, still believe in the core being able to get over the hump, a new coach is interesting, and Woll getting the #1 job, also intrigued by post injury Murray with a year of rest.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
How Berube can get this team to play/compete is probably #1 on everyones list

Matthews wearing the C

More than anything, playoffs. Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs, most of the regular season is meaningless in terms of determining how the playoff bracket will actually play out. Can this team compete at a high level and play playoff (Cup winning) hockey when it matters ?

Not really interested in the regular season a whole lot, will still watch most games probably not all like in years past.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Goalies
Tanev I believe will be a huge addition and hopefully OEL too.
Coach
Extensions (personal preference but I don't particularly see a benefit to having the Marner contract being a talking point all year)

I am very curious to see if Matthews takes on more of a presence on the ice instead of just picking up the sticks now.

Just enjoying the regular season and lots of hockey again. Deal with the playoffs when they come.

Reactions: ACC1224

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I'm looking forward to yet another thread to distract us from Mitch being here.

The previous one not going too well? Had to be closed :sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Seeing if Berube can turn the core into hockey players willing to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to win.

Hopefully there’s also some chaos for sports talk fodder around the contracts.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I am looking forward to Mess continuing to say we have changed as a team when they are essentially the same team.

It is enjoyable to see a 2,000 word essay filled with nothing of substance and him calling us "big, mean, and mobile" when the same players are on the team, and then calling people real NHL level when they have won the same as their predecessor and haven't even held the job they are in before.

It's always fun seeing how he can come up with new propaganda.

The team is the same as last year, and the year before.

Excited to watch them play, still believe in the core being able to get over the hump, a new coach is interesting, and Woll getting the #1 job, also intrigued by post injury Murray with a year of rest.
If the players have no desire to sacrifice when needed, no coach can get them over the hump.
Maybe Berube will send Domi, Cowan and Knies over the boards and leave Nylander and Marner on the bench in those crucial moment.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I see holes on the roster but also see a core in their primes with a coaching staff who will get the most out of them. I see a lot of potential in goal and on defense. I see a lot of kids at forward who might not make the team day 1 but might become key pieces over the season like McMann did last year.

On paper I put this team there with any other team. Question is, do they actually meet that potential under Berube?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad