What are you looking forward to most this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What's the top 3 things you're looking forward to this season?

• Berubes influence

• Tanev with Rielly

• Changes to PK/PP

• Captain Matthews influence

• Shanahan's extension

• Shanahan's final season

• Tavares extension

• Tavares final season

• Marner extension

• Marner final season

• Rookies in the lineup

• Who becomes the #1 Goalie

• 4 Nations Cup

• Playoffs

• Skipping the regular season

• Knies progression

Results are only viewable after voting.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Damn sounds like some people really going through some hardships just watching games, maybe take a year or 10 off for your blood pressure.

Looking forward to them winning the cup this year as I do every year

You sound like 10 year old me lol

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Voted Playoffs. It’s definitely Berube’s impact if we are taking regular season, but all roads lead to what it ultimately means for us in the playoffs.

Reactions: ACC1224

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I always enjoy guys like Matthews and Nylander do their thing.

In terms of new storylines to follow, how the core will interact and vibe with a veteran couch who isn't coming in with baggage like Babs. And also how the goaltending experiment plays out

Edit: and probably the most interesting is watching Knies look to take the next step

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I always enjoy guys like Matthews and Nylander do their thing.

In terms of new storylines to follow, how the core will interact and vibe with a veteran couch who isn't coming in with baggage like Babs. And also how the goaltending experiment plays out

Edit: and probably the most interesting is watching Knies look to take the next step
Added Knies :thumbu:

Reactions: Menzinger

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
One year closer to the necessary rebuild.

Also looking forward to watching the young kids develop.

What rebuild do you honestly think is gonna happen? As long as Matthews is a leaf there will not be a rebuild. The team is going to be retooled this off-season, with the cap space and infusion of young talent (Knies, Cowan, Minten, Greby, Niemela if he can grab a spot).

There is no traditional rebuild coming for at least 5-7 years.

Reactions: arso40 and Burnie97

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I can't wait to see if Mitchy will feel like playing staring in October or his usual December start
I can't wait to see how Willie deals with the pressure of the contract, if he is around PPG it'll be fine, if he's on pace for 60 it'll be bad...real bad.
We all know Mitchy is going to have like 32 points in the first 12 games, at which point the extension will be announced. Nothing else is Leafy enough.

:)

To the question, and I’ll get to the poll, my first thought is style of play under Berube. Can he reign these guys in to play a focused, complete game most nights?

Reactions: WillyC and ACC1224

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
My top 3 are probably

1. Seeing the teams new style of play (Berube influence). Hoping for more small ice hockey. Hard every night play with passion hockey, win or lose.

2. Seeing Woll take the crease. I'm high on him, excited to see if he can play lots and steal some games for us.

3. Changes to the PP. It was the Keefe perimiter possession playing style dialed up to eleven. It didn't seem dangerous. It seemed like 5 guys were sent out there to play soccer style attack.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Hard to beat the suspense of the coach change. Made us wait five years for that one!

I'm at the point in the year where i start looking forward to hockey in general. I'm optimistic about the Leafs season.
So true, when the playoffs finish I wonder how I'm ever going to go back to regular season, but then September rolls around and I'm amped for the pre season.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This is not our issue.

Knies and Domi did send us to the promise land last year.
Probably not ours, but it is the Leafs’ issue, assuming the entire core wants to go far in the playoffs.

Cowan just might be the help Knies and Domi need.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The goals for will be coming down, as more players are forced to play a sound defense first game, where ALL players are going to be required to finish their checks as Leafs transform away from a figure skating team and towards a real hockey team that is built for playoff success.

Reactions: LFKevin21

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The goals for will be coming down, as more players are forced to play a sound defense first game, where ALL players are going to be required to finish their checks as Leafs transform away from a figure skating team and towards a real hockey team that is built for playoff success.
Hopefully Mess. Skill of the current team with the heart of the early 90’s and Naughts teams would be a legit dangerous contender.

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
What rebuild do you honestly think is gonna happen? As long as Matthews is a leaf there will not be a rebuild. The team is going to be retooled this off-season, with the cap space and infusion of young talent (Knies, Cowan, Minten, Greby, Niemela if he can grab a spot).

There is no traditional rebuild coming for at least 5-7 years.

I know. I have just lost interest in this group. The young guys you mention interest me a lot more than more of Matthews and Marner. They kids represent hope, the others failure.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hopefully Mess. Skill of the current team with the heart of the early 90’s and Naughts teams would be a legit dangerous contender.
If Joseph Woll can stay healthy he might just be our next home grown Felix Potvin and it would be a good start towards 1990's resemblance,

1724479519353.png

Reactions: Nineteen67

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Looking forward to seeing Matthews wear the C and his game progress under Berube. Also looking forward to seeing Knies’ development, he has all the tools and a great opportunity to lock in a spot next to Matthews and Domi?

Woll staying healthy is another thing to keep an eye on and hope for, especially with his contract extension in place already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad