What are you looking forward to most this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What's the top 3 things you're looking forward to this season?

• Berubes influence

• Tanev with Rielly

• Changes to PK/PP

• Captain Matthews influence

• Shanahan's extension

• Shanahan's final season

• Tavares extension

• Tavares final season

• Marner extension

• Marner final season

• Rookies in the lineup

• Who becomes the #1 Goalie

• 4 Nations Cup

• Playoffs

• Skipping the regular season

• Knies progression

Results are only viewable after voting.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Do you believe coaching has no impact on teams?

I'm not saying marner is going to drive the net with Berube, but maybe he stands in a second longer in the tough areas? Maybe Matthews initiates contact, and drives the net, giving a couple shots to the face of the opposition, rather than offering up his chin?
We’re going to find out if a different voice can get them to find the inner strength they’ve not shown in the most important times of the games. Personally I don’t think you can motivate millionaires, they need to motivate themselves and I haven’t seen that happen yet when it really matters.

1725363737720.png

Reactions: ULF_55

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, I could agree that a team winning could influence how much you are willing to pay the members of that team.

However, you can have star players who never win, and still get elite level paycheques.

McDavid has won one Conference Title, and could likely get Max if he demanded it.
Of course, individual salaries aren't closely related to team accomplishments or lack thereof and that only make sense. There is some correlation in some cases though so it's not entirely a non-factor.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We’re going to find out if a different voice can get them to find the inner strength they’ve not shown in the most important times of the games. Personally I don’t think you can motivate millionaires, they need to motivate themselves and I haven’t seen that happen yet when it really matters.

View attachment 904699

I think some might treat it like a job, but others I think really enjoy the competition.
Tkachuk I think likes the competition, Memorial and Stanley Cup.

Reactions: rumman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1. Can Berube instill a new mindset?
2. Will Robertson stay and become a legit full time NHLer.
3. Will Sophomore Power Forwards take a step forward... Knies and McMann
4. Who solidifies as a 3C... Can Holmberg take the opportunity available.
5. Can Liljegren take the next step forward, that he needs to, and I believe he is capable of.
6. Which "prospect" make the most noise and impact within the organization... and that could be the Leafs or Marlies level. Some intriguing stories there between Minten, Cowan, Grebenkin, Hildeby, Mattinen, Myers, Webber
7. Can Steeves become a NHL player?
8. Will Rielly and Tanev be as good together, as they should be on paper.
9. Can our Leafs play at a consistently high level?

There are all regular season questions to be answered, and I think there is some interest in all of this. Plus, we love hockey, and watching hockey is fun... or it should be.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yard work.
Painting
More yard work.
Walking the dogs.
Getting rid of the clutter.
Getting a dating app for the unmarried kids.
Doing a rain dance.
Fantasizing about some prospect that hates to lose.
Gotta introduce the kids to technology some time eh? LOL.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1. Can Berube instill a new mindset?
2. Will Robertson stay and become a legit full time NHLer.
3. Will Sophomore Power Forwards take a step forward... Knies and McMann
4. Who solidifies as a 3C... Can Holmberg take the opportunity available.
5. Can Liljegren take the next step forward, that he needs to, and I believe he is capable of.
6. Which "prospect" make the most noise and impact within the organization... and that could be the Leafs or Marlies level. Some intriguing stories there between Minten, Cowan, Grebenkin, Hildeby, Mattinen, Myers, Webber
7. Can Steeves become a NHL player?
8. Will Rielly and Tanev be as good together, as they should be on paper.
9. Can our Leafs play at a consistently high level?

There are all regular season questions to be answered, and I think there is some interest in all of this. Plus, we love hockey, and watching hockey is fun... or it should be.

Well, living out west I do get to watch some Canadian teams out here at reasonable times ... that's the fun part. Watching the Leafs is more like work.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Well, living out west I do get to watch some Canadian teams out here at reasonable times ... that's the fun part. Watching the Leafs is more like work.
I used to love our spring ski trips to Banff, ski all day then watch 3 playoff games at night, AND those were the days with zero sales tax, my kind of place back then………

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad