What are the most pessimistic and optimistic NHL fan bases?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Casual fans are the least miserable. If the team sucks they'll simply stop watching and do something else with their time. If someone on TV or the radio tells them the team is good again, they'll start watching again. Rinse and repeat.

It's the guys who sit down on their own in front of a TV or laptop to watch a Tuesday night 10 pm West Coast road game in February with the backup goalie getting the start for their last place team...who then spend 3 hours on social media talking about it. Those guys are the miserable ones.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Unless you have a small fanbase living in an echo chamber, every team has both elements.

I think fans for the most part are much different then they are here. no matter how much I hate some teams and the other way around I always find in person fans show alot of respect to each other

obviously you get bad fans from all teams though

This is true.

Even here, people have selective memories and only remember what they want to remember in order to paint an entire fanbase with broad brush.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Carolina is a state of both. Lot of excitement for the future but not exactly for this upcoming season due to roster turnover and our best prospects are a year away at best.

SeaChaser

Mar 10, 2021
Tampa
Teams with happy fan bases have a huge advantage. The NHL needs to find a way to level this, and the easiest thing to do is to make every fan base miserable.
They can accomplish this by having Gary attend more games.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I’m surprised at how toxic the Avs boards are. I see a lot of pessimistic comments on the main boards from a select couple of Avs fans which prompts me to go stalking their own boards. Very surprised the sheer amount of hate Rantanen gets and some posters even trash talking Makar, calling him Frail Kale and other shit and that how he’s going to bolt to Alberta? lol

Georgiev hate is funny though and deserved. God that dude sucks and reminds me of Cloutier.
The Avs board is rarely happy and full of sarcasm, just the way we sick f***s like it. Shove that positivity up an unicorns butt.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Canucks are finally relevant again and some teams are loud about it. But our fans on this board are some of the most pessimistic, negative folks you will see. When each of our stars has slumped there has been a chorus of 'Trade petey", "trade Hughes", "trade Demko", "the Hronek trade will ruin us", "we should tank and dump all of our stars for a 2% better shot at Bedard".

When I have lurked the Flyers board it looks like another board overrun by toxicity. Not that their fans should be satisfied, but man alive it's a f***ing hobby. It doesn't have to be toxically negative all of the time.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Relative to their chance and talents, Oilers maybe the most pessimistic in recent years.

Optimistic relative to the odds of winning, Pens maybe, when you have Crosby-Malkin-Letang-Karlsson healthy at the same time, easy to always think you have a puncher chance, how do you not get a bit dreamy about a last dance in the circomstance.

Who was the last drafted Canadians that turned out, good, healthy with no injury issue and stayed an Habs for all his prime....

Plekanec ? Could have gotten worst for many than deliusional optimiste or pessimism, going toward indifference, call me if Caufield-Slafkovsky-Mailloux-Newhook-Xhekaj-dach and co. really pan out.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Jackets fans are the most optimistic by far. Haven't always been dealt the best hands but always are positive about the team. It's seemingly always sunny-side when fans talk about the team

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I think there's optimism around the Blackhawks solely because Connor Bedard and Chicago sports fans generally fall on the optimistic side, which feels very in line with the Midwest. I do think the tune online would be extremely different if we didn't get Bedard though.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
This thread has taught me that everyone is optimistic that their fans are the most pessimistic.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Casual fans are the least miserable. If the team sucks they'll simply stop watching and do something else with their time. If someone on TV or the radio tells them the team is good again, they'll start watching again. Rinse and repeat.

It's the guys who sit down on their own in front of a TV or laptop to watch a Tuesday night 10 pm West Coast road game in February with the backup goalie getting the start for their last place team...who then spend 3 hours on social media talking about it. Those guys are the miserable ones.
So, pretty much the majority of HF Boards.

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
Dallas fans are currently better than Toronto fans.

Dallas fans support the team at the level around the top 8 best in the NHL.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024

Lol yes exactly. If you let sports control your life, you're going to end up miserable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad