Official 2025 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I have not been able to watch him play yet, but this kid Max Penkin in Germany is worth keeping an eye on. Not 2025, but 2027 draft eligible. He is currently Playing juniors for Adler Mannheim as a 15 year old and is off to a pretty good start. 3 points in 2 games(way to early to say that really, but he did really well against u17 as 14 year old last season, so oh well). Mannheim is the program that Stutzle, Seider, and and Draisaitl came from, so pretty solid development track record. Hopefully the Flyers can at least get eyes on this kid. Haven't seen him play yet so I can't provide a breakdown, but I do know very very few 15 year olds play in the German junior league. And possibly fewer skip Germany's u16 national team and play for their u17 team(And are tied for leading said u17 team in points). It definitely warrants a look and follow up looks to monitor development. Could end up a late round steal, could end up a high enough 1st round talent to be out reach, too early to say, but definitely worth monitoring. I doubt the Flyers have a guy in Germany, but in the event they broaden their search area figured I would throw Penkins name out there. Quick stick taps for Yzerman to end it. Bob's list had Seider at what 26? Great scouting by them

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I have not been able to watch him play yet, but this kid Max Penkin in Germany is worth keeping an eye on. Not 2025, but 2027 draft eligible. He is currently Playing juniors for Adler Mannheim as a 15 year old and is off to a pretty good start. 3 points in 2 games(way to early to say that really, but he did really well against u17 as 14 year old last season, so oh well). Mannheim is the program that Stutzle, Seider, and and Draisaitl came from, so pretty solid development track record. Hopefully the Flyers can at least get eyes on this kid. Haven't seen him play yet so I can't provide a breakdown, but I do know very very few 15 year olds play in the German junior league. And possibly fewer skip Germany's u16 national team and play for their u17 team(And are tied for leading said u17 team in points). It definitely warrants a look and follow up looks to monitor development. Could end up a late round steal, could end up a high enough 1st round talent to be out reach, too early to say, but definitely worth monitoring. I doubt the Flyers have a guy in Germany, but in the event they broaden their search area figured I would throw Penkins name out there. Quick stick taps for Yzerman to end it. Bob's list had Seider at what 26? Great scouting by them

Germany have some interesting guys over the next few years. Tbh there are a lot of interesting players from "smaller" nations. We are going to have Lithuanians and Latvias go early in next few years for example too.

Lewandowski, the Griva twins, Schneider, the Kose twins, Späth and Penkin... Samoilenko and Schwarz are two other 09's who are ones to watch for the future NHL draft.

Reactions: Tarpongg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad