Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If the Panthers are drafting 1 overall are they already looking to replace Bryce Young? Obviously the season needs to be played but they suck even worse than expected and expectations can’t be lower. First game of the year, I know

• Haha
Reactions: sycamore

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
AR did it. He can do it too.
AR was built in a lab though.

If the Panthers are drafting 1 overall are they already looking to replace Bryce Young? Obviously the season needs to be played but they suck even worse than expected and expectations can’t be lower. First game of the year, I know
May not be a #1 overall worthy QB this year.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
JojoTheWhale said:
I have never been a Darnold guy, but I love that pairing. Kevin O’Connell is exactly what he needs. Minnesota gets a bridge guy with moon shot upside and they still draft one. Well done.

The stupid Patriots robbed us of KOC coaching Maye.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nickel was named as such because it added a 5th DB. Dime was a riff on Nickel.

I am going to be more specific jumping off this.

In typical nickel, a LB is yanked and replaced with (typically) a CB. Can also be a safety. The DB who has that role is the nickelback. This increases the pass coverage capabilities of the formation. 2 LBs for run stopping, nickelback added for better coverage.

In Dime, two LBs are swapped out.

Quarter: all three LBs

Dollar: all three LBs and a DL swapped out. Hail Mary defense.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It is kind of bothersome how little the announcers dive into specifics of defensive formations. Maybe because there's so much deception you can't know exactly what's going on. For example Shanahan likes to run a 5-2 and it's often disguised as a 4-3, so maybe nobody wants to try and explain this stuff based on on-field descriptions since that's all trickery.

Still, nickel and dime concepts are never explained. Every year I end up explaining what it means to some family member.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I'm telling you, Burrow has to retire
not making excuses...but is Chase and Tee playing? and did he play in preseason..because I think that's gonna be a huge problem if these guys aren't getting a little preseason work

also Cousins is garbage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad