What are the most pessimistic and optimistic NHL fan bases?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Flyers fans do nothing but whine and complain its annoying

I've never seen a group of Fans clamouring for a rebuild

Like they'd rather be the Sabers for 13 years than at least contend for a wild card

No. Just… no. No one wants that.
Its Mind boggling

Also the shit Torts gets for being a bad coach on here is annoying and disgusting, H'es a very good motivator and failry intelligent, but some on here claim he's as bad as babcock which is utter bullshit

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
There was a survey done to determine the most and least miserable NHL fan bases that could be taken into account when talking about optimism and pessimism of fans. Here's the list, from most miserable to least miserable.

View attachment 896943

P.s. looks like I found another way no income tax states have an advantage 😆

There might be a causation vs correlation thing here (do the teams suck because their fans are pessimists or are the fans pessimists because the team sucks?)…

But 12 of the first 13 are teams that missed the playoffs. And the other is the Leafs, a team whose playoff struggles the last 20 years have been monumental.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Flyers fans do nothing but whine and complain its annoying

I've never seen a group of Fans clamouring for a rebuild

Like they'd rather be the Sabers for 13 years than at least contend for a wild card

Its Mind boggling

Also the shit Torts gets for being a bad coach on here is annoying and disgusting, H'es a very good motivator and failry intelligent, but some on here claim he's as bad as babcock which is utter bullshit

The Torts defense force is just sad and weird.

20 years
17 seasons as a coach
7 seasons getting bounced in the first round
7 seasons missing the playoffs

I want the Flyers to strive for more than finishing 12-20 every year and praying for a miracle run in the playoffs when they do make it in.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
There was a survey done to determine the most and least miserable NHL fan bases that could be taken into account when talking about optimism and pessimism of fans. Here's the list, from most miserable to least miserable.

View attachment 896943

P.s. looks like I found another way no income tax states have an advantage 😆
Brutal for Calgary.

Your franchise might be in trouble when a fanbase that literally lost their team is happier than yours.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Our board is so pessimistic that some posters managed to make our most optimistic poster quit hfboards :help:
I lurked your board a couple of times when you guys played the Canucks, I just saw a shit ton of sarcastic self deprecating posts about your team, it was kinda weird lol.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
The Torts defense force is just sad and weird.

20 years
17 seasons as a coach
7 seasons getting bounced in the first round
7 seasons missing the playoffs

I want the Flyers to strive for more than finishing 12-20 every year and praying for a miracle run in the playoffs when they do make it in.
Torts talents are best used to motivate bad teams to give their all and overachieve than to win cups on contenders.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I feel like Dallas and Jersey fans are feeling pretty good about their future.

Pens fans are slowly coming to terms with their future.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Optimistic: Detroit AINEC
I've never seen so much hype for prospects who don't score enough.

Pessimistic: Flyers or Leafs?

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I lurked your board a couple of times when you guys played the Canucks, I just saw a shit ton of sarcastic self deprecating posts about your team, it was kinda weird lol.
We go from being extremely sarcastic before/while the game is on to pessimistic when we trailing and then the most optimistic fanbase shouting on the rooftops that Mack is better than McDavid ! :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
HFPens has a couple cancerous posters who will bemoan the same thing and say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and really go out of their way to lower the overall quality of discussion of the board.

A couple have chosen Rox Hextall as the hill to die on as well which is bizarre.

But I mean, the Penguins are obviously in decline. It was bound to happen so it's a pessimistic board because we are in for a rough couple of seasons.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Since Yzerman came back, Red Wings fans have become overly optimistic, especially on here regarding prospects. Probably too optimistic.

Since the Islanders loss to break the road game winning streak in December 2023, Kings fans have been extremely pessimistic.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad