Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - Signed 2-Year Deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
As I understand it, his KHL contract expires at the end of this upcoming season.....but that he does have an 'NHL out-clause'. I know a lot of posters have written him off.

But I assume the Canucks retain his rights until at least the end of this season. Considering he was acquired for Will Lockwood and a seventh round draft pick; not much of a loss if we never see him again.

According to Puckpedia they maintain his rights until the 27-28 season.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Only been two games so far but he is tilting the ice every time he is on there

This is a unexpectedly very exciting start for the Canucks project here
Bring him home (next season)

Assuming he comes back to North America
If he actually has a good season and dominates (big if) he'll try one more time for sure

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
so what sort of offer do the Canucks make? 2 x $1.5M to see what they have? That would be for next years roster. And it really depends on how this year goes obviously.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
As I understand it, his KHL contract expires at the end of this upcoming season.....but that he does have an 'NHL out-clause'. I know a lot of posters have written him off.

But I assume the Canucks retain his rights until at least the end of this season. Considering he was acquired for Will Lockwood and a seventh round draft pick; not much of a loss if we never see him again.
If he continues to star and there is mutual interest in an NHL return—could he re-join the Canucks this season after the KHL year is over?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
so what sort of offer do the Canucks make? 2 x $1.5M to see what they have? That would be for next years roster. And it really depends on how this year goes obviously.

I don't think I would give anything more than a one year deal with him.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I might be fine with re signing him for league min IF he is at least a PPG in the KHL and plays like the best forward on his team. If not then no lol

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Would be cool if he came back mid season and we got a Kuzmenko-lite type addition

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Would be cool if he came back mid season and we got a Kuzmenko-lite type addition
Unfortunately, I see a 'Nikita Tryamkin' future for Kravstov with the Canucks. The big Russian d-man through his agent Todd Diamond always claimed that he wanted to return to Vancouver and the NHL. But the parties could never come together on an agreement.

The problem always seemed to be that the Canucks weren't willing to go more than year or a salary much more than the league minimum. And Tryamkin could probably earn a lot more playing in the KHL with more security.

If Kravstrov does light it up in the KHL, I'm not sure the Canucks could come up with a contract offer that would make much sense or him to return to NA.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
And you know folks, he could come back. But he might not. I am curious if he is more comfortable playing in his homeland? Have you ever heard that 'old saying', curiosity killed the cat'...? This might be a time when we fans need to let the chips fall where they may. There are times when the average fan has no idea what the player is thinking, let alone, Todd Diamond, who is his agent. We all speculate but at the end of the day, we are doing just that, speculating. It might be more beneficial to our souls, not too mention our bank accounts, to just let this situation play out.

No retreat and no surrender seems to be the mantra surrounding this player. It is very similar compared to Nikita Tryamkin in many ways, but it's a bit taxing on us fans to keep thinking about the prospective scenarios that may or may not happen. Sometimes, that's how the cookie crumbles.

Kravtsov is a uniue talent that could perhaps come back one day and light up the NHL. But for my money, I believe he will remain in Russia for his playing career.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
And you know folks, he could come back. But he might not. I am curious if he is more comfortable playing in his homeland? Have you ever heard that 'old saying', curiosity killed the cat'...? This might be a time when we fans need to let the chips fall where they may. There are times when the average fan has no idea what the player is thinking, let alone, Todd Diamond, who is his agent. We all speculate but at the end of the day, we are doing just that, speculating. It might be more beneficial to our souls, not too mention our bank accounts, to just let this situation play out.

No retreat and no surrender seems to be the mantra surrounding this player. It is very similar compared to Nikita Tryamkin in many ways, but it's a bit taxing on us fans to keep thinking about the prospective scenarios that may or may not happen. Sometimes, that's how the cookie crumbles.

Kravtsov is a uniue talent that could perhaps come back one day and light up the NHL. But for my money, I believe he will remain in Russia for his playing career.
The quote is, "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back. "

Kravtsov might have satisfied his curiosity for the NA life style and gone back to Russia, but he might equally have gone back to Russia with the intent to improve and come back and satisfy the "What if I really made it in the NHL" itch that many players have. We simply don't know what he's thinking and any speculation about his desire to return is pointless unless we get a statement from him about it.

For now, the best we can do is track his play and see if he reaches a point where he's worth bringing back.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two goals in three games for Chelyavinsk Traktor in the early going of the KHL schedule.

What is his military status? At the rate Russia is going though men in Ukraine, they might have to consider some kind of military conscription. That would likely drive Kravtsov back to NA in a hurry.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Two goals in three games for Chelyavinsk Traktor in the early going of the KHL schedule.

What is his military status? At the rate Russia is going though men in Ukraine, they might have to consider some kind of military conscription. That would likely drive Kravtsov back to NA in a hurry.
Russia has millions of poor citizens from their eastern parts to throw to the fire before that happens

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Russia has millions of poor citizens from their eastern parts to throw to the fire before that happens
Sad, but true. It was the blue-collar kids from small-town America who were cannon fodder during the Viet Nam War.....while guys like 'the Donald' used their 'connections' top stay above the fray. Can't imagine it's any different in Russia.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
The quote is, "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back. "

Kravtsov might have satisfied his curiosity for the NA life style and gone back to Russia, but he might equally have gone back to Russia with the intent to improve and come back and satisfy the "What if I really made it in the NHL" itch that many players have. We simply don't know what he's thinking and any speculation about his desire to return is pointless unless we get a statement from him about it.

For now, the best we can do is track his play and see if he reaches a point where he's worth bringing back.

My post was intended for sarcasm. Clearly I'm not as sharp as I once thought I might have been.

Kid needs to stay on his feet and play harder. He has a shitty lower body, so his skating lacks pop. Barring a huge transformation in training and him growing a set of testicles, I don't see a fit here.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
My post was intended for sarcasm. Clearly I'm not as sharp as I once thought I might have been.

Kid needs to stay on his feet and play harder. He has a shitty lower body, so his skating lacks pop. Barring a huge transformation in training and him growing a set of testicles, I don't see a fit here.
I probably just misread your tone, it's chill.

I do agree that you'd like to see more from Kravtsov. More shiftiness to get out of the way, more strength/sturdiness to sustain pressure in the face of physicality, or more smarts to find positions that work within the traits he has. Then again, you could say the same for any skilled player who's struggling to break into the NHL as a scorer. He'll need growth from this past KHL season to have any hope of making an NHL comeback.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
If he actually does have a good season I’d expect we’d trade his rights.

I’ll be stunned if this wet Kleenex of a player dresses for another game for a Rick Tocchet team.

Is he really that soft? Was this his biggest issue?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is he really that soft? Was this his biggest issue?
Granted only a limited sample size in the dying days of the 2022-23 season, but I never had the sense he played 'soft'. In fact I can remember Kravtsov winning a number of board battles; but unfortunately is offense dried up. But he was a lot more robust than Kuzmenko, who landed in Tocchet's doghouse.

I think the problem was, the Canucks wanted him to spend time in Abbotsford. But he could earn a lot more playing in the KHL. But at least they retain his rights for either a return one day, or maybe as a throw-in in as part of a bigger trade.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Granted only a limited sample size in the dying days of the 2022-23 season, but I never had the sense he played 'soft'. In fact I can remember Kravtsov winning a number of board battles; but unfortunately is offense dried up. But he was a lot more robust than Kuzmenko, who landed in Tocchet's doghouse.

I think the problem was, the Canucks wanted him to spend time in Abbotsford. But he could earn a lot more playing in the KHL. But at least they retain his rights for either a return one day, or maybe as a throw-in in as part of a bigger trade.
Jovo converted me a long time ago on him, lol.
He pisses people off because he refuses to make less overseas instead of staying home near family but unlike a guy like podz or Matvei he's actually played during his crucial development years.

I think when he gets another chance here he's going to open a lot of eyes.
Not sure why anyone would label him soft but then again a lot of prospects get a label they don't really represent.
I think it's more a case of he's a skilled player who isn't a guy that would thrive in a bottom six role so that means he's soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad