What are some examples of former NHL players finding success outside of sports?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I believe that Peter Forsberg is also a successful businessman with, fair to him, heavy investment in and around Ö-vik. The Sedins own a successful string of trotters. One of them actually won the premier harness racing race in Sweden with a purse of a little more than 300,000USD. But yeah, apparently Sundin really likes the business world and is fairly successful.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He went to uni before turning pro.

I forget what team he was playing for at time time--but a reporter ask another player about how hockey is changing--the player walked over to were JJs stall was and pulled off the books that he kept in his locker it was Aeronautical books.

He went to RPI, got his degree in 3 years with a 4.0 and he didn't speak English when he arrived. Not exactly an easy school, even for an English speaker, so getting a 4.0 is saying something. Guy was crazy smart.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Screw the Dos Equis guy...

000470802.jpg

^This is the most interesting man in the world.

Actually, I had a discussion with a friend at some point, and we both concluded that the most interesting man in the world mantle was shared between Bruce Dickinson and Randy Gregg.

Chris Phillips has the big rig brewery or something...

That's... not exactly evidence of "finding success"!

Is that for real??

Yep. Now he's running a hockey program for First Nations Youth in Northern Québec. Probably because he can.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Mike Comrie has his enormous family wealth to fall back on, because playing in the NHL and marrying Hillary Duff wasn't a charmed enough life for him.

Mike Comrie's father is Bill Comrie.
Multi-billionaire and founder of the furniture chain 'the Brick, furniture Warehouse'.

Which is why Oiler fans were notably upset when amidst our pre-cap woes, and fear of relocation, mike screwed the home town team he grew up cheering for, for several millions they couldn't afford and he clearly didn't need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad