What are some examples of former NHL players finding success outside of sports?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So we all know about former NHL players becoming analysts and GMs. But what are some examples of former NHL players finding success outside of sports? Perhaps business, law, politics etc.?

Just curious these guys had to have a lot of ambition and an ability to work hard. Their personality traits should be easily translate-able to other fields.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Didn't Ken Dryden become a lawyer then a member of Canadian Parliament?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Didn't Ken Dryden become a lawyer then a member of Canadian Parliament?

Ran for leadership of the Liberal party a while ago. I want to say Laraque was also like the deputy leader of the Green Party or something too.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Gary Roberts is a big fitness guy I think

He's presently the Sports Performance Director @ UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex (aka the Penguins' new practice facility)...so not really outside of sports, but really that man was built to work in a place like that.

Craig Adams is working with Merrill Lynch these days I believe, which makes sense given that he's a Harvard grad.

Recchi has his medical practice

Winner.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Trevor Linden opened up a chain of gyms in the Vancouver area called Club 16. He also got into real Estate, I don't know too much about how he did with real Estate, but I do believe he invested in some condo buildings in Victoria.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I think Stu Grimson became a lawyer.

Theo Fleury wrote a book which has since been adapted into a play. If I was a betting man, it'll get a film adaptation eventually.

There are the endless amount of guys who have became broadcast analysts, pundits, PBP or colour guys.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Technically not a player but former Habs coach Jacques Demers is a senator in Canada.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I think Stu Grimson became a lawyer.

Theo Fleury wrote a book which has since been adapted into a play. If I was a betting man, it'll get a film adaptation eventually.

There are the endless amount of guys who have became broadcast analysts, pundits, PBP or colour guys.

Didn't Theo have some sort of family company that went bankrupt?

I think Regehr has some oil pipeline services company?

Was it Commodore who was on the radio not recently answering this question and talking about how he got into real estate?

Douglas Murray has some type of beer tap?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Randy Gregg is a doctor in Edmonton.

He now runs a sports medicine practice. When he first signed with the Oilers, he was already a fully licensed physician, having completed medical school before age 21. That is something great...not only being a doctor in sports medicine, but having the experience of playing in a major league to understand what can happen.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Al Secord - American Airlines Pilot

1297832832003_ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad