What’s got you jacked the most?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
But he's failed to do so for his career, which is why he plays like 17-18 minutes a night. I'm all for being excited about the guy, but let's be honest too. He's never been a player that's broken though to play anything but bottom pairing minutes. It's who he is.

I use to think this way about 3rd pairing Dmen - they dont get a lot of minutes, how can they make much of an impact? But I've kind of come around and see that those 3rd pairing minutes are as much as a 1st/2nd line forward's ice time. I think the Bruins ( rightly or wrongly ) also subscribe to this thought seeing as how they're OK with paying bottom pairing guys a little bit more.

Even if they keep Zad's minutes low, I think he'll see plenty of time in the top 4 rotation with how Monty mixes up the rotation. I think he'll be a situational jack of all trades for the coaches - i wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 19/20 TOI this year.

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Haven’t been following much this off season and this website is trash now so I engage even less, so I guess I’ll say Lorhei because I’ve been high on him since his draft and he showed why last season.

I haven’t seen Lysell enough live to have an opinion, he was always injured when providence came to town for me

I’m keen to see how Poitras rebounds

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
For me, the composition of the defense. They have the potential to be the best 1 through 6 in the league. Hopefully, they stay health the majority of the year. And with a coach specifically assigned to work with the defense their overall in game structure should be much improved compared to last year. Really, it's the strength of the team, ... limiting opponents opportunities and making our goalies job much easier; along with transitioning to offense spending less time in our end of the ice.

Reactions: BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Me too, but my brain didn't put up much of a fight
:laugh: Yeah I’m with both of you.

“You can’t sign Zadorov for that kind of money” to
“Whatever… we got Zadorov, baby!”

It’s too much for too long. But god damn, he’s just precisely what we needed. I can’t f***ing wait to watch him play in a Bruins uniform.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
I simply pointed out that while there’s always a faction of fans who clamor for physicality, there have been players on the roster that were physical whether they cared to admit it or not. So while Zadorov is an interesting player, it’s not like his skill set was nonexistent so how much of an impact he’ll have is probably being overstated by some extent.,

And as far as the thread itself goes, I’m very interested in seeing whether Lohrei can make an even bigger leap and build off of last year. I think his progression is probably a bigger upside in terms of team impact than Zadorovs hitting, tbh
none of the Bruin's Dmen from last year were even a bit intimidating and opposing players knew that. This year will be diferent because im certain that Nikita will not get pushed around or let his goalie get pushed around . On top of that im sure his attitude in that regard will get contaigous

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
My brain was anti the Zadorov signing.

My heart is very excited.

And my brain has talked itself into it.
When Friedman reported that we were one of the front runners like 2 days before free agency started my gut reaction was that it wouldn't really make us all that much better.

By the time we actually got to 7/1 when we signed him I was the way in lol. Genuinely can't wait to see which of Bennett or Tkachuk he tries to decapitate on opening day.

Babajingo

I'm jacked to see this D make it difficult for any opposing player to hang out in front of the net. I don't give a sht about open ice hits. Keep them to the perimeter but when they do get in front of the net, make them pay. Elbows, shoulders, butt ends, gloves to the face, clutching, shoving, whatever.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
I’m looking forward to seeing if Lohrei and Brazeau can build off of what they showed us last season, whether Lysell and/or Merkulov can earn some playing time with the big club, as well as the prospect of @NeelyDan pissing off Leaf fans by wearing a Zadorov jersey in one of their havens.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I’m looking forward to seeing if Lohrei and Brazeau can build off of what they showed us last season, whether Lysell and/or Merkulov can earn some playing time with the big club, as well as the prospect of @NeelyDan pissing off Leaf fans by wearing a Zadorov jersey in one of their havens.

Vote 1 for video evidence to be provided

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and Grimey

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Kids getting chances, Sway as the starter, Amazing defence and most exciting for me anyways is that the team has a set of balls again.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I am most excited by the departures, especially Grizz being gone. That should mean an easy Cup since the guy caused so many losses over the years.
He'll never top the cross-ice pass at his own blue line by Krug that cost us the 2013 cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad