Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Did he actually say that or was it just speculated? Let's face it, Willy wasn't taking a discount coming out of a contract that ended up being super team friendly. He could have said that though, knowing Matthews wasn't going to take a discount either.

I think he actually said it in a presser or alluded to that in a press conference

Reactions: freshwind

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Being the most difficult to deal with makes it hard to believe that If he did say it, it's doubtful he meant it.
I'm not sure that asking for a reasonable amount and waiting until he got it is "most difficult", but that's your opinion.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm not sure that asking for a reasonable amount and waiting until he got it is "most difficult", but that's your opinion.
He sat out half a season if you recall.
Which player has been more difficult?

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Obviously they would like to sign him to a long term contract without a NMC.
But if he insists on one I would still sign him.
You can’t let an asset like that walk.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
No player on the leafs could ever be good enough in the eyes of the dumbs
Funny, Sundin didn't win anything either and if we're looking at season production Mitch crushes him, yet one is as Mitch would say it "A God" and the other is the furthest thing from that.

Almost like people value showing up in the playoffs which Mitch does not do relative to his contract. But if he's so butter soft and basically turns into a 3rd/4th liner come playoff time, he can get paid like one too.

Unfortunately Mitch thinks racking up points vs dusty irrelevant teams when it doesn't matter at all entitles him to McDrai type money, it shouldn't.

The fact that Mitch still has any shot of being resigned after nearly a decade of failure for anything close to the money he's going to demand shows how soft/easy it is to play in Toronto.

Reactions: rumman

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
LMAO NHL25 is rigged

look at slapshot, wristshot and speed ratings LOL what a joke

GXnXMnWX0AAthQH

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That’s a normal thought process for most NHL leaders. What the Leafs have is quite unique.

I realize Matthews’ AAV is obviously very high and that invites comments like this to some extent but he’s in no way overpaid

He has been one of the 3 best players in the entire league as voted by his peers 3 of the last 4 years.

He just scored 69 goals while also being a Selke finalist.

He is the odds on favorite to win the rocket in any season he’s healthy and good chance he wins it by a fair margin. He is an incredibly rare player.
He screws them on term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad