Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

FAKE NEWS!!! MacKinnon has to say that...!!!! Marner has a weak shot...!!!! uhhh.. What other idiotism's did I miss?

so, you are trumpeting the fact that MM looks good in a non-contact shinny session in the summer?
guess i can believe that, after all it's not the physical playoffs we are talking about here

Isn't this where you ask how people can be so dumb to post this stuff?
or these :huh::naughty::dunno::facepalm:

Sure this is the first time that MacKinnon has ever seen Marner.. his opinion is based only on that shinny...

• Haha
Reactions: bax and freshwind

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Look everyone it's evidence.

A potential employers media guy or someone that will write an article that will get back to a potential employer has asked a question about a fellow union member working at a different plant.

What else is he going to say? He knows Marner is paid like a top player.

Imagine you work at a auto factory and the boss asks you about Dave on line 2. Do you throw Dave under the bus? Nope. Dave is a great guy, worked on his line a few years back and he was one of the best, actually he was the glue guy.

You guys reach and stretch anything. Gotta be one of the best troll jobs ever or maybe you believe it. Either way you make me laugh.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I like how we don't care he s*cked ass for the last 8 years in playoffs.

All he needs is one good postseason for his PR team to change the narrative forever.
I'm just really confused about the standard we're supposed to accept.

He plays like shit in the posteason - call it out and you're just a clueless hater for basing it off a small sample size but apparently if he plays great one postseason it's supposed to override all of his previous playoff failures and sample size now means nothing. And not only that but apparently your entire fanship needs to be called into question if you call out Mitch for playing like shit in the playoffs.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm just really confused about the standard we're supposed to accept.

He plays like shit in the posteason - call it out and you're just a clueless hater for basing it off a small sample size but apparently if he plays great one postseason it's supposed to override all of his previous playoff failures and sample size now means nothing. And not only that but apparently your entire fanship needs to be called into question if you call out Mitch for playing like shit in the playoffs.
Just need to throw that playoff performance against Tampa in there, no other series matters at all

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can you name a single person on this board who thinks Marner sucks in the regular season?

Everyone here agrees with Mackinnon. Marner is great in low pressure situations. It’s in the playoffs where he continues to absolutely embarrass the hell out of himself, and Mackinnon has as much experience playing with/against Marner in the playoffs as the rest of us.
Stop by in the regular season when he makes a mistake. Look, I’ve said repeatedly he needs to do more in the playoffs, her curls away, defers, doesn’t take the initiative at times. But, he has heart, he is a great teammate and he can figure it out still. If he stays, I’ll remain hopeful. Sport is a fine line, I’ve seen plenty of guys lock in later, so I’ll remain optimistic. Why follow the team if you think they’re destined to fail, who has the time. I’m not here as some catharsis to vent out my life issues, I’m here because I love the game, I’ll cheer and jeer as it unfolds. Marner got no pass with me after the playoffs.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Stop by in the regular season when he makes a mistake. Look, I’ve said repeatedly he needs to do more in the playoffs, her curls away, defers, doesn’t take the initiative at times. But, he has heart, he is a great teammate and he can figure it out still. If he stays, I’ll remain hopeful. Sport is a fine line, I’ve seen plenty of guys lock in later, so I’ll remain optimistic. Why follow the team if you think they’re destined to fail, who has the time. I’m not here as some catharsis to vent out my life issues, I’m here because I love the game, I’ll cheer and jeer as it unfolds. Marner got no pass with me after the playoffs.
It really bothers me this “if you can’t be positive why follow the team attitude………”

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
LOL, that is awesome...LOL
1726142663658.png

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It really bothers me this “if you can’t be positive why follow the team attitude………”
That’s not what I said, it’s about hoping for failure, which some do here. I choose to think there is a chance Marner figures it out in the playoffs. Would I bet it on it? Probably not, but nor do I think it’s a finished book. That’s all, nothing more, nothing less, and I’m not dissuaded by people who tune in every night hoping to see him fail, that’s where I wonder why they’re even watching, but that’s more the domain of therapists than a sports fan. Criticize away, I will too, for that matter, when it warrants.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That’s not what I said, it’s about hoping for failure, which some do here. I choose to think there is a chance Marner figures it out in the playoffs. Would I bet it on it? Probably not, but nor do I think it’s a finished book. That’s all, nothing more, nothing less, and I’m not dissuaded by people who tune in every night hoping to see him fail, that’s where I wonder why they’re even watching, but that’s more the domain of therapists than a sports fan. Criticize away, I will too, for that matter, when it warrants.
No one us hoping for failure imo, some like myself are just not buying the idea that this group of players (specifically the core and their collective cap hit) can get it done, period. 53% if the cap now, will never work, half that number gas to be allocated throughout the line up for team success imo. Pick two, any two and get rid of them, seems logical that ends up being the two with upcoming expiring contracts, but imo that’s just circumstance, they all have warts so none are getting a hall pass from me…….

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
No one us hoping for failure imo, some like myself are just not buying the idea that this group of players (specifically the core and their collective cap hit) can get it done, period. 53% if the cap now, will never work, half that number gas to be allocated throughout the line up for team success imo. Pick two, any two and get rid of them, seems logical that ends up being the two with upcoming expiring contracts, but imo that’s just circumstance, they all have warts so none are getting a hall pass from me…….
“No one”. are you kidding me bruh? My comments aren’t even directed at you, I see the logic in wanting him traded on one level, have at it.

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

That a dangerous assumption that getting rid of two any two would have the same effect on the team, you are making the assumption without directly saying it that all 4 are equally skilled, equally impactful. Which is not the case. I suspect if Nylander who has the benefit of playing behind Marner//Matthews, if was one of the two remaining would be a Kessel clone. I suspect if Marner/JT are the two left behind, Marner would be targeted every night and would be extremely significantly less impactful. The top two top four benefit from the bottom 2 top four and visa versa. Agreed the style the team plays is not a playoff style, I have high hopes for Berube, all though he's not my first pick. I think a different approach on the ice guided by a hard ass like Berube will either be an amazing success or a massive flop. I dont think status quo with Berube will be a thing.

Reactions: rumman

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
While both sides seem fine with letting the coming season unfold, Adam Proteau of the Hockey News believes the situation could lead to extreme pressure on Marner if it does go unsettled for the entire campaign. Proteau writes:

“Whether you like him or not – Marner simply hasn’t produced in the post-season in a way that’s commensurate with his $10.9-million annual salary.

“Marner will be a UFA next summer, but unless he waits until season’s end to negotiate a new deal with a long-term extension, Marner will be under incredible heat to show he’s worth re-investing in next year.”

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
While both sides seem fine with letting the coming season unfold, Adam Proteau of the Hockey News believes the situation could lead to extreme pressure on Marner if it does go unsettled for the entire campaign. Proteau writes:

“Whether you like him or not – Marner simply hasn’t produced in the post-season in a way that’s commensurate with his $10.9-million annual salary.

“Marner will be a UFA next summer, but unless he waits until season’s end to negotiate a new deal with a long-term extension, Marner will be under incredible heat to show he’s worth re-investing in next year.”

I dont like own rentals but Toronto may have no choice but to let this playout. Who knows maybe Marner wakes up one day and decides he wants out. He may realize only Toronto can give him 8 years but doesnt want to pay him what he wants. Sign and trade mid season when some other owner realizes Marner means playoffs $$$. I smell Yzerman.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I think if they get a whiff that something substantial is possible through the grapevine they’d move off Marner but if options feel limited they’ll lock him up. II don’t think a trade will ultimately materialize because they aren’t in control of the process.
You would think most everyone would have known that from day 1 but nope here we are. Lmao!

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Just like last year with Nylander it'll come out that Treliving tried to trade Marner.

Treliving will admit it in an interview again. But that gosh darn Marner just wouldn't waive. Whatever can a person do in a situation like that.

Throw your hands in the air and give Marner an eight year extension with full NMC is the only logical thing.

Lol... hundreds of players with NMC's have been traded before. But for the second year in a row Treliving couldn't move a top ten winger in the league. He's gonna make his believers look very bad one day.

Personally I don’t need anymore time to know beyond a shadow of doubt he’s incompetent.

Treliving will always hold this team back. No matter how good they do they would do even better with a competent GM. Some fans are happy to enjoy whatever small victories the team might have but I just can’t overlook how much better things could, and should, be.

Trading Marner would be the first step in the right direction if Treliving only knew how to walk.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just like last year with Nylander it'll come out that Treliving tried to trade Marner.

Treliving will admit it in an interview again. But that gosh darn Marner just wouldn't waive. Whatever can a person do in a situation like that.

Throw your hands in the air and give Marner an eight year extension with full NMC is the only logical thing.

Lol... hundreds of players with NMC's have been traded before. But for the second year in a row Treliving couldn't move a top ten winger in the league. He's gonna make his believers look very bad one day.

Personally I don’t need anymore time to know beyond a shadow of doubt he’s incompetent.

Treliving will always hold this team back. No matter how good they do they would do even better with a competent GM. Some fans are happy to enjoy whatever small victories the team might have but I just can’t overlook how much better things could, and should, be.

Trading Marner would be the first step in the right direction if Treliving only knew how to walk.
Please tell us exactly how he can get Marner to waive his NMC when he doesn't want to.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad