GDT: WhaleCanes @ Bruins: AKA Whale v.s. Bear

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's a total no-win situation. If they had worked harder to honor the Whalers history from the outset, people would be pissed that they were taking something that didn't "belong" to them. If they had erased all memory and record books then people would be pissed they weren't "honoring their memory."

It's not the Canes responsibility to help people work through their emotions. They just need to get over it and move on with their lives.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I want to see how we come out in the 1st. Can we match the energy? Can we bring it to them? I think both teams see this as a bigger game, both from the historical aspect with the tail coming to the Garden and that both are amongst the hottest teams in hockey.

Other thing is the 2nd. We've seen some pretty under-whaling performances. I'm excited to see how we stack up against a real contender on their ice.

Go Canes! May the Bs flail, wail, and fail against the tail. I gotta bail, so here's the nail in the post - don't mail it in.

Reactions: zman77

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just looking at the out of town scoreboard should be all the motivation they need. everybody in the race is playing tonight.

Reactions: zman77

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You know, for years all we ever heard about was how much better the league was with the Whalers in it and how awesome the Whalers uniforms are and how the Hurricanes should wear Whaler jerseys just once. Then when we do we get this "appropriating the Whale" nonsense.

I just don't get it. There's no winning with these people. Thankfully though there's been a lot of cool people who have appreciated it.

Yeah, the rest of the league enjoyed having a perpetual underdog that they could hump whenever they played them.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
But those jerseys... they're an affront to the history of the game! How could the organization do such a thing?
Are you calling out our used cars selling loan shark owner for the lack of integrity?

Because he would answer to you that the operation lays on a tripod with one leg in the gritty, one leg in the grindy and the third leg in the Whalers merchy. There is no lack, he got traded.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
howdy folks! leafs fan coming in peace. do us both the favour and beat the crap out of bruins tonight. you solidify your playoff position further and we get to advance on home ice.

would be cheering for you folks tonight.

:yo:
You can take your Leaf-loving, Willie-rubbing, Marner-better self right outta here.

Totally kidding mate. Thanks for stopping by, have some tea

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
howdy folks! leafs fan coming in peace. do us both the favour and beat the crap out of bruins tonight. you solidify your playoff position further and we get to advance on home ice.

would be cheering for you folks tonight.

:yo:
Leafs fans never come in peace - but your proposal is valid. We will beat the Bruins. And we will break bread after the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad