GDT: WhaleCanes @ Bruins: AKA Whale v.s. Bear

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Tough way to lose, but this is a great team, and that point is gold.

Time for some home cooking.
terrible by Faulk, but not mad. we got the point we wanted coming into this

This is about where I am. We're still 3rd in the Metro due to ROW. Got the OT point tonight which, you know what, considering everyone else was playing the little sisters of the poor tonight I'm good with keeping our spot. Take care of business against the Jets and especially take care of business ourselves against Columbus and Pittsburgh.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
He's a Faulking liability at this point

He needs to be healthy scratched going forward. He provides no offense and he's a negative on defense.

faulk has 8.8 point shares on the season. i don't have the full stats in front of me, but that probably puts him comfortably inside the top 20 in the league at the position and perhaps higher. now that metric isn't the end all metric, but it's certainly a good one in my opinion. don't blame his poor deployment on him. he takes the shifts he's given.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
faulk has 8.8 point shares on the season. i don't have the full stats in front of me, but that probably puts him comfortably inside the top 20 in the league at the position and perhaps higher. now that metric isn't the end all metric, but it's certainly a good one in my opinion. don't blame his poor deployment on him. he takes the shifts he's given.

Yeah, I'll take the point, but Roddy didn't handle that OT very well. I just realized Hamilton was out *with* Faulk. Against Krejci and DeBrusk. That's overly conservative, even for a hockey coach.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
When everyone says "culture change" I wonder if getting rid of plays like Faulk had is what they mean. Faulk is a good player whether anyone wants to admit it but.... plays like that in OT shouldnt happen.

Faulk is not a bad player overall, let's get that straight. He is a good player. But I feel like he's had a case of the yips for about 3 years now. When the stick's on his puck his eyes get wide and he starts to panic. I don't know why we can't use him like a regular #4 d-man, the days of him running the PP and being the man are long over.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
When everyone says "culture change" I wonder if getting rid of plays like Faulk had is what they mean. Faulk is a good player whether anyone wants to admit it but.... plays like that in OT shouldnt happen.
I see many players giving it their all on their shifts. faulk is not one of those players. Faulk has not looked invested in this team for at least the last 3 seasons.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Boston played without Pastrnak, who generally gets somewhere between 2-10 goals against us. I don't think we showed as well as we could have. I'm still confused by our play in our own end. We have good defensemen, and they make good plays off the rush, but we really struggle moving the puck in our own end. I think between not being able to come up with a defensive plan that makes sense and not doing *anything* on the power play, Rod has his work cut out for him if we're going to win a playoff series.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, how dare Faulk play entirely too loose with the puck around on the blueline, turning it over and leading to a breakaway in OT.

No wait, that was Aho, literally last game. Guess we should be benching him for eternity as well.

EDIT: Shit, I should have waited for the required 30 minutes post-game to allow rationality to take hold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad