Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark leaves the Leafs for promotion with the Penguins

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Was he actually in charge when we drafted Knies?

I’ll give him Cowan but until he succeeds at the NHL level it’s all smoke.

Passing on Solberg and others. Risky because if any of those guys between Solberg and #30 pan out we’ll never hear the end of it.
Remember when 38 teams passed on Jason Robertson? 65 teams passed on Adam Fox? All because other guys were more talented or had a better chance of making the NHL? Don't sweat it. Most likely there'll be guys like that 31 teams regret not taking instead of Solberg and who they did take

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'd say some of our better picks are from our guys in Sweden aka Bergman who I just saw was 76 years old. I feel like he is close to retirement because my god. Guy must really love the game to be scouting still at that age. It'll be a sad day when he retires. I know Alm is one but idk if he scouts all goalies for us but whoever scouted our goalie prospects have made some of our best picks over the last few years. Clarks position is always replaceable and I think we knew he was leaving when Dubas got fired. Hoping he left us with some good prospects before he left.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Is this tweet from Wes himself right after the news broke enough of a source for you?

What's with these weirdos and their fake deep twitter posts. This is like when Dumbass posted that Chinese farmer crap when he built a 2-ply defense and everyone got hurt. The ego and entitlement on these guys is insane.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Everyone getting tf out bc they know what a punk Shamahan is.

Last edited by a moderator:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
here is teh dubas draft with wes. I think people can stop jumping off the ledge :laugh:

1720570391273.png

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
here is teh dubas draft with wes. I think people can stop jumping off the ledge :laugh:

View attachment 893701

:biglaugh: These drama club kids will cry when guys are fired half a decade after they best by date. All you have to do is post a sappy video or fake cry during a press conference and all your failures will wash away. Toronto is the easiest market by far.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Not sure what to make of this... because it's hard to know what "infuence" he had at the draft table, and for which drafts.

Yes, the Leafs have an unspectacular prospect system, but that's more to do with the number of picks traded in recent years than it is poor use of those picks.

Especially the last couple of years.

2023 with Easton Cowan so far seems to be an incredible pick.

Fraser Minten and Dennis Hildeby have both shown a solid amount of promise so far.

Matthew Knies pick speaks for himself, and you can't really get too up or down with what happens with Ty Voit or Vyacheslav Peksa given where they were drafted.

As for 2020... so far that draft looks to be a real bust. Niemla seemed to be a nice pickup, but hasn't really developed in a streamlined fashion... beyond that, 11 more picks and nothing to really show for it.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Remember when 38 teams passed on Jason Robertson? 65 teams passed on Adam Fox? All because other guys were more talented or had a better chance of making the NHL? Don't sweat it. Most likely there'll be guys like that 31 teams regret not taking instead of Solberg and who they did take
Weren't we a team that passed on Adam Fox? Twice?

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
Passing on one player versus trading down to avoid a whole group is not the same. Thats another Dermott thing if it doesn't work out. Kind of a power move for a scout if he is certain there is real plateau in the talent. Maybe the guy they took will pull it out. Maybe not.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Just out of curiosity. What is this position really? Every year we hear from Clark or anyone else in his position say that this scout really loved this player and pushed hard for him so we took him. If that's what it's like for all picks then what is the main job of someone in Clarks position? Prepare a draft board with our rankings of players? Get a read on what other teams are gonna do with their picks and if teams will move up or back? I was always curious since I started watching interviews and Clark would say other scouts pushed hard for the players we picked.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad