Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark leaves the Leafs for promotion with the Penguins

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
A whole lot of love for a guy who’s body of work is still remain to be seen in term do how those picks develop.

Incredible the love he gets for merely being associated for Dubas. Could swear Dubas didn't ruin the only rebuild in Leafs history with the admiration that's been thrown out there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
why are we acting like the NHL isn't full of Nepotism? That's literally how this league works. Derek King was a Treliving guy, we brought him over here. We poached Marc Savard from Calgary, we stole Shane Doan from Arizona. There's coutless other ones.

Brad Treliving resigned from Calgary to take a job here. Kyle isn't the first to bring over his guys. This happens all over the NHL every year.

well honestly I don't know why people are making a big stink. Even if the Leafs were unwilling to let Wes go, he could just resign and be free to sign wherever he wants after resigning.
I imagine there would be something in the contract that prevents him for quitting and immediately going somewhere else.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I root for the guys that are here because i want them to have success and I want positivity in my life.

Now that Wes is gone, I don't automatically root against him, but he's not one of my guys any more.

No doubt Trey will bring in some scouts who aren't afraid to draft people bigger than they are ;-)

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Losing Wes Clark will have about the same impact as losing Justin Holl was. In other words - - ZERO.

Clark was a mediocre head scout.

Not sure what he thinks his role in Pittsburgh is going to be when Dumbass gives away a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for Noel Accari and a career minor leaguer.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Losing Wes Clark will have about the same impact as losing Justin Holl was. In other words - - ZERO.

Clark was a mediocre head scout.

Not sure what he thinks his role in Pittsburgh is going to be when Dumbass gives away a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for Noel Accari and a career minor leaguer.

well that would be impossible seeing as Accari is currently a penguin lol.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
A whole lot of love for a guy who’s body of work is still remain to be seen in term do how those picks develop.

Incredible the love he gets for merely being associated for Dubas. Could swear Dubas didn't ruin the only rebuild in Leafs history with the admiration that's been thrown out there.

100% because of Dubas, not because in the first two drafts he ran (this year's is too soon to see if anyone is trending well) he picked up multiple players who look like they'd go much higher in a re-draft and have some real NHL potential.

Cowan - 28th
Greb - 135th
Minten - 38th
Hildeby - 122nd

Absolutely nothing to do with those players having great years and improving their stock.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
All his hires have come from the Soo? That is new information to me.

Dubas has hired or acquired the following Soo alumni in his time in Toronto:

Sheldon Keefe
Wes Clark
Jack Campbell
Matt Murray
Jake Muzzin
Joe Thornton
Michael Bunting
Wayne Simmonds
Rasmus Sandin
Jared McCann
Max Hollowell
Conor Timmins
Nick Ritchie

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dubas has hired or acquired the following Soo alumni in his time in Toronto:

Sheldon Keefe
Wes Clark
Jack Campbell
Matt Murray
Jake Muzzin
Joe Thornton
Michael Bunting
Wayne Simmonds
Rasmus Sandin
Jared McCann
Max Hollowell
Conor Timmins
Nick Ritchie

How many were on a team he was a part of?

How many did he refuse to move on from because they were part of the Soo?

How many of them were bad acquisitions?

The way people whine about this, you'd figure there'd be A LOT more people from the Soo... this is barely anyone.

Most of these were good acquisitions too.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How many were on a team he was a part of?

How many did he refuse to move on from because they were part of the Soo?

The way people whine about this, you'd figure there'd be A LOT more people from the Soo... this is barely anyone.

Why so defensive?

Reactions: Jmo89

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Why so defensive?

Defensive about what? The list you provided makes Dubas look good. I am simply asking questions about it.

Over the last few years, there has been lots of whining about the Soo and all these players we picked up, you'd think after so many years the list would be much longer.

I just think we have a fanbase with a bunch of divas and this is further proof, as is the deflection from the questions.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Eh. Not sure why people were so attached to Wes Clark. Another...mediocre at best draft for us. Time will tell if they were right, I guess.

I am a bit confused as to what the Pittsburgh organization has seen in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization though that they want to reproduce :D.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Sheldon Keefe - - most incompetent coach in NHL history
Wes Clark - - mediocre talent evaluator
Jack Campbell - - laughably incompetent
Matt Murray - - his best place is in the LTIR
Jake Muzzin - - terrible acquisition that cost them Sean Durzi plus a draft pick
Joe Thornton - - career loser who brought a loser mentality to the young core
Michael Bunting - - probably his “best” acquisition, but still got benched in the playoffs
Wayne Simmonds - - you don’t “get tougher” by bringing in a washed up fighter who can’t skate
Rasmus Sandin - - terrified of his own shadow, brutal defensively and hopelessly slow footed.
Jared McCann - -a complete mismanagement of the expansion draft
Max Hollowell - - career minor league player
Conor Timmins - - career minor league player
Nick Ritchie - - God-awful waste of money that should have been spent on re-signing Zach Hyman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Sheldon Keefe - - most incompetent coach in NHL history
Wes Clark - - mediocre talent evaluator
Jack Campbell - - laughably incompetent
Matt Murray - - his best place is in the LTIR
Jake Muzzin - - terrible acquisition that cost them Sean Durzi plus a draft pick
Joe Thornton - - career loser who brought a loser mentality to the young core
Michael Bunting - - probably his “best” acquisition, but still got benched in the playoffs
Wayne Simmonds - - you don’t “get tougher” by bringing in a washed up fighter who can’t skate
Rasmus Sandin - - terrified of his own shadow, brutal defensively and hopelessly slow footed.
Jared McCann - -a complete mismanagement of the expansion draft
Max Hollowell - - career minor league player
Conor Timmins - - career minor league player
Nick Ritchie - - God-awful waste of money that should have been spent on re-signing Zach Hyman

I can't respond to this... might be the worst post I've read... wow

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Defensive about what? The list you provided makes Dubas look good. I am simply asking questions about it.

Over the last few years, there has been lots of whining about the Soo and all these players we picked up, you'd think after so many years the list would be much longer.

I just think we have a fanbase with a bunch of divas and this is further proof, as is the deflection from the questions.

To me it lacks imagination and looks like nepotism. Like how could all your NHL needs be filled by personal connections from a rinky dink OHL organization you were once a stick boy for? Based on analytics?

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Eh. Not sure why people were so attached to Wes Clark. Another...mediocre at best draft for us. Time will tell if they were right, I guess.

I am a bit confused as to what the Pittsburgh organization has seen in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization though that they want to reproduce :D.
There's not even enough data to determine whether he's good or bad if we're only going by when he was fully in charge. None of those guys have made the NHL fulltime yet so we're still at least 2-3 years away from knowing.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
To me it lacks imagination and looks like nepotism. Like how could all your NHL needs be filled by personal connections from a rinky dink OHL organization you were once a stick boy for?

You listed 2 members of staff out of how many?

And then 11 players from various years.

To me, it looks like a normal NHL team...

The last sentence just seems like you may be jealous.

There's not even enough data to determine whether he's good or bad if we're only going by when he was fully in charge. None of those guys have made the NHL fulltime yet so we're still at least 2-3 years away from knowing.

You can make assessments based on how they have progressed so far, that is why people are not happy with him leaving.

How do you think those two drafts are doing so far?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
To me it lacks imagination and looks like nepotism. Like how could all your NHL needs be filled by personal connections from a rinky dink OHL organization you were once a stick boy for? Based on analytics?

The Leafs did draft 3 Belleville Bulls in round 1 once upon a time, and that worked out great...Dubas following in those footsteps...:sarcasm:

The more they think they are different, the more they are the same.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
No, I couldn't. He wasted the perfect build from Lou stacked with prospects and extra picks. You factor in all his own rentals and the stupid belief small and skilled, soft and overpaid wins cups or that he even thought this team was close, it's unbelievable. We also have no picks next year and no 2nd or 4th in 2026. The damage he has done is not fixable. He had no foresight or just didn't care.
Perfect build from Lou? Now I know you are delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad