Pre-Game Talk: Week of Drop the F'n Puck: @VGK(Wed 8PM), vCBJ(Sat 7PM)

How many points this week?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
This is the first season in a long time where I’m legitimately feeling pessimistic and uninterested after the first game of the season.

We have the same shitty goaltending we had last year, no possibility to improve it, and will have to live with Georgiev for the season. Nobody will trade for him.

It’s the realization that this team with George between the pipes is a second round exit in the most hopeful of situations. It just truly demoralizes me.

I felt that way last year about the roster until CMac got RyJo the f*** out of here and found Mittelstadt.

I trust the little nerd to see the issues with Georgiev and rectify.

How long I'm able to keep my blood pressure at a calm level watching him on the Avs until that happens is a different question.
I agree with both of these. When that boy walked Girard and went top shelf with an unscreened backhand I just burst out laughing. I know that was Juicy but I'd already given up on Fourgiev by then, at least we got to learn the backup is useless too. We'll hang about and be comfortable in deadline contention then something will happen for a goalie. I could see it being Gibson. I've read on here for years he's done, but he can't be that done. Until then, we'll just plod along and watch the will get sucked out of everyone again on a nightly basis. When Fourgiev does go I hope the boys get to give him a leaving present as a morale booster.

QJZ0pY.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is the first season in a long time where I’m legitimately feeling pessimistic and uninterested after the first game of the season.

We have the same shitty goaltending we had last year, no possibility to improve it, and will have to live with Georgiev for the season. Nobody will trade for him.

It’s the realization that this team with George between the pipes is a second round exit in the most hopeful of situations. It just truly demoralizes me.
Yeah I was pretty excited about the season.... And then yeah Georgiev has really zapped a lot of the hope I had right out of me already. It's tough.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I agree with both of these. When that boy walked Girard and went top shelf with an unscreened backhand I just burst out laughing. I know that was Juicy but I'd already given up on Fourgiev by then, at least we got to learn the backup is useless too. We'll hang about and be comfortable in deadline contention then something will happen for a goalie. I could see it being Gibson. I've read on here for years he's done, but he can't be that done. Until then, we'll just plod along and watch the will get sucked out of everyone again on a nightly basis. When Fourgiev does go I hope the boys get to give him a leaving present as a morale booster.

QJZ0pY.gif
I'm willing to give Annunen a pass on the 2 goals. First one was obviously unstoppable. 2nd goal was a backhand that that went top corner, hard for a goalie to read and I doubt the shooter even aimed that, just got lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad