NCAA GDT: Week 9: In the Navy, You Can Rep the Group of Five

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’d rather play Penn State at night than at Wisky
If you remove the James Franklin situation from this, does this still apply?

Also, Texas star freshman WR got hurt colliding with a Vandy staffer in pregame, Bond is also out.

I'm telling you, the sun won't rise tomorrow.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
If you remove the James Franklin situation from this, does this still apply?

Also, Texas star freshman WR got hurt colliding with a Vandy staffer in pregame, Bond is also out.

I'm telling you, the sun won't rise tomorrow.

Nope lol. 2003 and 2010 immediately come to mind

DON’T RUN TO THE LEFTSIDE OF THE LINE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Feel like Gus and Joel, highlighting how the divisionless conference is good, accidentally outlined one of the major problems at the expense of Indiana.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ryan Day has to keep his wits about him there. This is a 30-yard penalty.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
You can hit him, just not when he's in a defenseless position in the head and neck area.

So the player isn’t allowed to try and dislodge the ball with a hit? It wasn’t helmet to helmet, wasn’t with the crown of the helmet, all it was was a hard hit in a bang bang play that wasn’t dirty in any shape or form. I f***ing hate this rule.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
So the player isn’t allowed to try and dislodge the ball with a hit? It wasn’t helmet to helmet, wasn’t with the crown of the helmet, all it was was a hard hit in a bang bang play that wasn’t dirty in any shape or form. I f***ing hate this rule.
Everybody hates the rule but it's the rule. He hit him up high. They're going to call it.

In the ND-Navy game they called ND for roughing the passer when the guy tackled the Navy QB when he still had the ball, because he landed on him. Not the drive him into the ground thing, he just tackled him. And they called it. I agree with you, might as well just put flags on the QBs at this point.

Reactions: End of Line

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Everybody hates the rule but it's the rule. He hit him up high. They're going to call it.

In the ND-Navy game they called ND for roughing the passer when the guy tackled the Navy QB when he still had the ball, because he landed on him. Not the drive him into the ground thing, he just tackled him. And they called it. I agree with you, might as well just put flags on the QBs at this point.

IMG_2240.gif

Reactions: southsideIrish

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
running a flea flicker when the other team has a blitzing linebacker named Jihaad is a bold move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad