Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills have never done well in Seattle, even without clowns dressed as referees.

I remember a 56-17 drubbing in the late 1970s. I looked it up just now. Almost 47 years ago to the day - October 30th, 1977. Bills scored the initial 3 points of the game, then gave up the next 49, including 4 TDs in the 2nd quarter (42-3 at the half), before trading touchdowns in the 3rd/4th, one by BUF, then SEA, then BUF again to reach the 56-17 final. It is tied for the 2nd most points given up in a Bills game and the 2nd-largest margin of Buffalo defeat (and there have been a lot of defeats). Two other Bills losses separately hold those two records of ignominy (58 points against in 1976, 46-point loss margin in 2007).

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bernard is so good but I do worry about his size at LB. He seems to get dinged up a lot, which isnt uncommon for the position he plays. Still, his size worries me. All I want for Christmas is Milano and Bernard playing healthy together.
Wasn't he excused for personal reasons yesterday ? Just hope that was not a outside consult for the injury.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It was listed as ankle/personal on the injury report yesterday. So, I would not assume it is just a personal issue.
They have to list the injury if it would affect him at all (which is why Allen continues to be listed) - the reason he was not in attendance at all, at least yesterday, was because of the personal issue.

I don't think we can assume that Bernard would have been a non-participant both days unless he was back in town and didn't practice today. EDIT: It's been reported as an excused absence for a personal reason, so same situation. I don't think we can say one way or another whether he would have practiced absent the personal/family issue. All we know is he's "day to day" based on his ankle injury per coach McD.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They have to list the injury if it would affect him at all (which is why Allen continues to be listed) - the reason he was not in attendance at all, at least yesterday, was because of the personal issue.

I don't think we can assume that Bernard would have been a non-participant both days unless he was back in town and didn't practice today. EDIT: It's been reported as an excused absence for a personal reason, so same situation. I don't think we can say one way or another whether he would have practiced absent the personal/family issue. All we know is he's "day to day" based on his ankle injury per coach McD.
We cannot assume either way with 100% certainty. However, I think it is reasonable to ponder the likelihood that he was given two days off in a row if he were healthy and expected to start on Sunday.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
From Joe Marino’s Subtext a minute ago:

What's up, Bills Mafia!? Sean McDermott shared on WGR that LB Terrel Bernard, DT Dewayne Carter & WR Curtis Samuel are all OUT on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. All other players will practice today in some capacity.

Bernard is a huge loss. Fortunately, Baylon Spector has gained some experience with the time Bernard has missed this year. Will need him to play well on Sunday. Carter's absence means Zion Logue will be back in the mix. I have been underwhelmed by him so far. Might not be a bad idea to consider a practice squad elevation for Eli Ankou. I don't think Samuel is a big loss, given how things have gone. GO BILLS!

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
From Joe Marino’s Subtext a minute ago:

What's up, Bills Mafia!? Sean McDermott shared on WGR that LB Terrel Bernard, DT Dewayne Carter & WR Curtis Samuel are all OUT on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. All other players will practice today in some capacity.

Bernard is a huge loss. Fortunately, Baylon Spector has gained some experience with the time Bernard has missed this year. Will need him to play well on Sunday. Carter's absence means Zion Logue will be back in the mix. I have been underwhelmed by him so far. Might not be a bad idea to consider a practice squad elevation for Eli Ankou. I don't think Samuel is a big loss, given how things have gone. GO BILLS!

Carter is wrist surgery btw per SalC. I hope they try and add DT depth per trade if there is a fit.
Ankou, Logue, Deen etc. are just week to week fill ins.

Weather looks cool, wet, and breezy
Screen Shot 2024-10-25 at 5.05.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Can we ever just stay healthy while another team suffers a major injury? It's like as soon as a guy like Metcalf goes down, we need to even it up by losing our best defender and an upcoming DT that's making splash plays. It's the same story as last year where we'd always lose key parts of our defense before big games. That Chiefs playoff game looks a lot different with a healthy linebacking core IMO. Kelce literally destroyed the middle of our defense and exposed AJ Klein instantly.

This game looks like it might require some scoring. We need Brady to "get in his bag" again this week and get some offensive flow going early and often. I don't think Seattle is a team you can take lightly, but I also don't see them as being on the level of the Bills. Geno Smith might be mid, but he's a good mid QB, somewhere in the top half of the league right now.

I'd really like to see them win this one, so as to not make next week's game with Miami so huge. If we lose and they win this week, that game becomes very crucial all of a sudden.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Can we ever just stay healthy while another team suffers a major injury? It's like as soon as a guy like Metcalf goes down, we need to even it up by losing our best defender and an upcoming DT that's making splash plays. It's the same story as last year where we'd always lose key parts of our defense before big games. That Chiefs playoff game looks a lot different with a healthy linebacking core IMO. Kelce literally destroyed the middle of our defense and exposed AJ Klein instantly.

This game looks like it might require some scoring. We need Brady to "get in his bag" again this week and get some offensive flow going early and often. I don't think Seattle is a team you can take lightly, but I also don't see them as being on the level of the Bills. Geno Smith might be mid, but he's a good mid QB, somewhere in the top half of the league right now.

I'd really like to see them win this one, so as to not make next week's game with Miami so huge. If we lose and they win this week, that game becomes very crucial all of a sudden.

Not to mention, Chiefs play the Bucs coming up. That game looks completely different compared to a week ago. Now the Bucs are decimated by injuries.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Williams looks way more athletic this year than last. I guess maybe he's just thinking the game at a faster/more confident level and is reacting faster as a result. I was pretty out on that guy until recently. He's a poor man's Edmunds which is way higher than I anticipated.
Yeah, you could definitely see his athletic gifts last year, but he was really bad at coverage and would often shoot the wrong lane when trying to run block. He has come a long way.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Why can't our starting linebackers ever stay healthy? Ahhh it is what it is but still frustrating. Get well soon Bernard ( and you too Milano ).

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Why can't our starting linebackers ever stay healthy? Ahhh it is what it is but still frustrating. Get well soon Bernard ( and you too Milano ).
The Bills draft small, fast linebackers who excel in coverage, running down lateral running plays, and shooting gaps.

They aren't take-on, stack-and-shed linebackers, so when you start smashing 230-pound linebackers (at best) against 300-pound linemen, you get injuries.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

Not to be too critical of the post, because I get where you're coming from, but it could always be worse. Look at what happened to the Jets last year, with Rodgers, and the Dolphins this year, with Tua. Things can always get worse. Particularly in this league, where health seems to be almost entirely luck of the draw.

Williams looks way more athletic this year than last. I guess maybe he's just thinking the game at a faster/more confident level and is reacting faster as a result. I was pretty out on that guy until recently. He's a poor man's Edmunds which is way higher than I anticipated.

Just once in life, I'd like to be the rich man's version of someone that isn't already broke as ****.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Not to mention, Chiefs play the Bucs coming up. That game looks completely different compared to a week ago. Now the Bucs are decimated by injuries.
Which is why "strength of schedule" is something to be ignored entirely in the off-season. You don't know what team you're going to get until the day of. Forget months ahead of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad