Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills have never done well in Seattle, even without clowns dressed as referees.

I remember a 56-17 drubbing in the late 1970s. I looked it up just now. Almost 47 years ago to the day - October 30th, 1977. Bills scored the initial 3 points of the game, then gave up the next 49, including 4 TDs in the 2nd quarter (42-3 at the half), before trading touchdowns in the 3rd/4th, one by BUF, then SEA, then BUF again to reach the 56-17 final. It is tied for the 2nd most points given up in a Bills game and the 2nd-largest margin of Buffalo defeat (and there have been a lot of defeats). Two other Bills losses separately hold those two records of ignominy (58 points against in 1976, 46-point loss margin in 2007).

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bernard is so good but I do worry about his size at LB. He seems to get dinged up a lot, which isnt uncommon for the position he plays. Still, his size worries me. All I want for Christmas is Milano and Bernard playing healthy together.
Wasn't he excused for personal reasons yesterday ? Just hope that was not a outside consult for the injury.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It was listed as ankle/personal on the injury report yesterday. So, I would not assume it is just a personal issue.
They have to list the injury if it would affect him at all (which is why Allen continues to be listed) - the reason he was not in attendance at all, at least yesterday, was because of the personal issue.

I don't think we can assume that Bernard would have been a non-participant both days unless he was back in town and didn't practice today. EDIT: It's been reported as an excused absence for a personal reason, so same situation. I don't think we can say one way or another whether he would have practiced absent the personal/family issue. All we know is he's "day to day" based on his ankle injury per coach McD.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They have to list the injury if it would affect him at all (which is why Allen continues to be listed) - the reason he was not in attendance at all, at least yesterday, was because of the personal issue.

I don't think we can assume that Bernard would have been a non-participant both days unless he was back in town and didn't practice today. EDIT: It's been reported as an excused absence for a personal reason, so same situation. I don't think we can say one way or another whether he would have practiced absent the personal/family issue. All we know is he's "day to day" based on his ankle injury per coach McD.
We cannot assume either way with 100% certainty. However, I think it is reasonable to ponder the likelihood that he was given two days off in a row if he were healthy and expected to start on Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad