Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills have never done well in Seattle, even without clowns dressed as referees.

I remember a 56-17 drubbing in the late 1970s. I looked it up just now. Almost 47 years ago to the day - October 30th, 1977. Bills scored the initial 3 points of the game, then gave up the next 49, including 4 TDs in the 2nd quarter (42-3 at the half), before trading touchdowns in the 3rd/4th, one by BUF, then SEA, then BUF again to reach the 56-17 final. It is tied for the 2nd most points given up in a Bills game and the 2nd-largest margin of Buffalo defeat (and there have been a lot of defeats). Two other Bills losses separately hold those two records of ignominy (58 points against in 1976, 46-point loss margin in 2007).

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bernard is so good but I do worry about his size at LB. He seems to get dinged up a lot, which isnt uncommon for the position he plays. Still, his size worries me. All I want for Christmas is Milano and Bernard playing healthy together.
Wasn't he excused for personal reasons yesterday ? Just hope that was not a outside consult for the injury.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It was listed as ankle/personal on the injury report yesterday. So, I would not assume it is just a personal issue.
They have to list the injury if it would affect him at all (which is why Allen continues to be listed) - the reason he was not in attendance at all, at least yesterday, was because of the personal issue.

I don't think we can assume that Bernard would have been a non-participant both days unless he was back in town and didn't practice today. EDIT: It's been reported as an excused absence for a personal reason, so same situation. I don't think we can say one way or another whether he would have practiced absent the personal/family issue. All we know is he's "day to day" based on his ankle injury per coach McD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad