Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Of course Beane is kicking the tires. I'd be 100% game for trading our 1st this year for him.....and maybe even our spare 2nd. 2 firsts seems a bit much though.....even for Garrett.
I really want it in a vacuum. And honestly the more I think about it, maybe having him can help paper over the weaker safeties without actually addressing that position too.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
giphy.gif

I just realized my Sunday flight is at 5PM et and doesn’t offer wifi.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Kupp

---

SalC discussed other possible adds for the Bill's again on wgr this morning:
1) Safety: Edwards remains inactive, Hamlin is playing ok, but they could still add one as a upgrade. My Prediction: Hyde
2) Linebacker: As suggested by Jordan Schultz they may want to bulk up the LB position in case they need a 3rd backer on the field come playoffs (re: Bal), or for depth, and to help with Bernard/Johnson's health. My Prediction: Not sure yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Debating who makes KC better (Kupp or DHop) is a fun thought exercise.

Given what KC likes to do and if both are near 100% from their LBIs, I think Kupp is the more impactful fit. But, DHop does make a sizable improvement to the Chiefs WR room.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Given what KC likes to do and if both are near 100% from their LBIs, I think Kupp is the more impactful fit. But, DHop does make a sizable improvement to the Chiefs WR room.
They want Hopkins to open up the slot more for Worthy apparently.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
So far in 2024:

DE X: 4.0 sacks 17 tackles 7 TFL 9 QB Hits
DE Y: 4.0 sacks 15 tackles 3 TFL 8 QB Hits
DE Z: 3.5 sacks 22 tackles 6 TFL 13 QB Hits

Who do you want?

X is Myles Garrett, Y is AJ Epenesa, and Z is Greg Rousseau
Why not have all three?

Check out how many high end DEs the Giants had in their two Super Bowl wins over the Pats.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Why not have all three?

Check out how many high end DEs the Giants had in their two Super Bowl wins over the Pats.
Acquisition cost is the big reason.

I do not believe that Garrett would be worth multiple 1st round picks for this team that is in the big money QB part of their build. They need those picks to restock the roster when they cannot afford to keep starters coming off of rookie deals.

Plus, I view Miller coming back after this week as a meaningful add to the DE rotation.

The most I would expect Beane to be comfortable giving up for a deadline add is a 2nd that becomes a 1st if the Bills make the SB.

They want Hopkins to open up the slot more for Worthy apparently.
If they run a lot of routes with DHop and Worthy next to each other, like the Bills ran with Cooper and Kincaid, that could be effective.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Is it? Kupp, when healthy, is still a top 10 receiver in the game. Hopkins is a fringe starter. Unless he just wasn't trying and now he's going to magic himself good again.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Is it? Kupp, when healthy, is still a top 10 receiver in the game. Hopkins is a fringe starter. Unless he just wasn't trying and now he's going to magic himself good again.

That is the caveat here. He's played 23 games since 2022. If you told me Kupp could be guaranteed to play the rest of the season and playoffs, sign me up.

He's not though.

A thought for the day:

For the gamblers out there, Cleveland might be a good upset pick versus baltimore.

Consider:

A short week for Baltimore

Division game

On the road.

Strong Cleveland defense who will could be strongly motivated to have a showcase before the trade deadline.

The dark cloud of Watson is gone for the rest of the year.

The Browns are -9. Even if Baltimore wins, I think the line is high, especially at Cleveland.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Kupp has had Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball and DHop made the poor choice to take the money from the Titans and have less than stellar QBs throwing him the ball.

DHop had 1057 yards receiving and 7 TDs last year with Levis and Tannehill at QB.

I would not say that DHop is a fringe starter unless you thought the same of Amari Cooper in Cleveland.

:dunno:

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
That is the caveat here. He's played 23 games since 2022. If you told me Kupp could be guaranteed to play the rest of the season and playoffs, sign me up.

He's not though.

A thought for the day:

For the gamblers out there, Cleveland might be a good upset pick versus baltimore.

Consider:

A short week for Baltimore

Division game

On the road.

Strong Cleveland defense who will could be strongly motivated to have a showcase before the trade deadline.

The dark cloud of Watson is gone for the rest of the year.

The Browns are -9. Even if Baltimore wins, I think the line is high, especially at Cleveland.
You didn't explicitly call it out but Jameis Winston is long overdue to devour a W

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Kupp

---

SalC discussed other possible adds for the Bill's again on wgr this morning:
1) Safety: Edwards remains inactive, Hamlin is playing ok, but they could still add one as a upgrade. My Prediction: Hyde
2) Linebacker: As suggested by Jordan Schultz they may want to bulk up the LB position in case they need a 3rd backer on the field come playoffs (re: Bal), or for depth, and to help with Bernard/Johnson's health. My Prediction: Not sure yet
Chris Brown also mentioned veteran OT today

Last edited:

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

View attachment 920538

I love Andre the player and he's a stand-up guy but his desire to insert himself into everything that he can is a bit tiring. No one in Buffalo likes CMM and the Bills Mafia people are some of the most cringe-inducing members of our fanbase as a whole. No one seeks attention like that group.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad