NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't believe there's still people who say Lamar isn't a hall of famer. He's unplayable.
I was gonna say i'm not sure i would say Lamar is quite there yet but i decided to do some digging based on his MVP awards and while i think i would still affirm he's not there yet, the trends are very much in his favor;

Players with multiple MVPs;

5-time MVP winners;
- Peyton manning (hall of famer)

4 time MVP winner
- Aaron Rodgers ( no doubt first ballot hall of famer)

3 time MVP winners;
- Brett Favre (hall of famer)
- Tom Brady (no doubt first ballot hall of famer
- Jim Brown (hall of famer)
- Johnny Unitas (hall of famer)

2 time MVP winners
- Kurt Warner (hall of famer)
- Steve Young (hall of famer)
- Joe Montana (hall of famer)
- Patrick Mahomes (easy hall of famer if he continues as he does)
- Lamar Jackson

I think the 2 MVP threshold is going to help a ton in this argument. Plenty of guys can win one (Shaun Alexander or Rich Gannon for example) and not have it mean much outside of being good for that one year. Lamar has done what a small group of guys have and done and be that good more than once.

Reminds me of how winning 2 Vezinas as a goalie basically guarantees you're getting into the hall. Shoutout Sergei Bobrovsky and Connor Hellebyuck

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I was gonna say i'm not sure i would say Lamar is quite there yet but i decided to do some digging based on his MVP awards and while i think i would still affirm he's not there yet, the trends are very much in his favor;

Players with multiple MVPs;

5-time MVP winners;
- Peyton manning (hall of famer)

4 time MVP winner
- Aaron Rodgers ( no doubt first ballot hall of famer)

3 time MVP winners;
- Brett Favre (hall of famer)
- Tom Brady (no doubt first ballot hall of famer
- Jim Brown (hall of famer)
- Johnny Unitas (hall of famer)

2 time MVP winners
- Kurt Warner (hall of famer)
- Steve Young (hall of famer)
- Joe Montana (hall of famer)
- Patrick Mahomes (easy hall of famer if he continues as he does)
- Lamar Jackson

I think the 2 MVP threshold is going to help a ton in this argument. Plenty of guys can win one (Shaun Alexander or Rich Gannon for example) and not have it mean much outside of being good for that one year. Lamar has done what a small group of guys have and done and be that good more than once.

Reminds me of how winning 2 Vezinas as a goalie basically guarantees you're getting into the hall. Shoutout Sergei Bobrovsky and Connor Hellebyuck

Even in the Non-MVP seasons, he's been a lot more consistent than guys like Warner and Favre. He's still tip-top even if he's not winning it. The only blight is the 2021 season.

Not Wiggins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad