NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
2 minutes left, only up 10 points and TB has all of the timeouts...I don't know why Baltimore is pulling Lamar so early...TB is going to get the ball back with two almost two minutes left. This doesn't make a lot of sense.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really should think about this year being the last year I do fantasy football. With all these injuries I'm not having fun anymore. The reason I did fantasy anything was it was a way to keep up with the league as a whole, but it is starting to feel more like a chore than a hobby.

*I know a guys well being is a lot more important than Fantasy and I don't want to detract from that. I also had Godwin on my fantasy team and seeing that was just awful.

Are there other ways to follow the league, or is it time to just separate myself away from the sport in general. Maybe one Sunday I should just say no football and go see a movie. Unfortunately, nothing is coming out that is interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: Melrose Munch

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I really should think about this year being the last year I do fantasy football. With all these injuries I'm not having fun anymore. The reason I did fantasy anything was it was a way to keep up with the league as a whole, but it is starting to feel more like a chore than a hobby.

*I know a guys well being is a lot more important than Fantasy and I don't want to detract from that. I also had Godwin on my fantasy team and seeing that was just awful.

Are there other ways to follow the league, or is it time to just separate myself away from the sport in general. Maybe one Sunday I should just say no football and go see a movie. Unfortunately, nothing is coming out that is interesting.

I work some Sundays, listening to games is actually real nice. You aren’t as invested, you know you can watch highlights later, catching the late game is nice. If you have any projects or just go for a walk or somethin- go shopping, bet stores are dead then- but ya, haven’t done ff in a while.

I’d be so pissed if I was Godwin. Dumbass coach just cost that dude millions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I got sucked back in by a friend a few years ago, and virtually every discussion both from him and the group thread is about someone getting hurt. And all of these people talk and vote games through a fantasy lens. Every week I’m scouring waiver wires for third string guys. I barely even talk in it. I don’t need this, I can just sit and watch football for football. The same I can do for hockey or baseball or even horse racing. I don’t need to keep tabs on Jonnu Smith.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I got sucked back in by a friend a few years ago, and virtually every discussion both from him and the group thread is about someone getting hurt. And all of these people talk and vote games through a fantasy lens. Every week I’m scouring waiver wires for third string guys. I barely even talk in it. I don’t need this, I can just sit and watch football for football. The same I can do for hockey or baseball or even horse racing. I don’t need to keep tabs on Jonnu Smith.

Exactly. It's a chore now. I know the waiver wire is important, but my original thought for Fantasy (And this is 10 years ago) was to follow players and see if they had good days. It wasn't worrying if a guy was going to get hurt and then scouring a waiver wire for a guy I've never even heard of hoping they he might get me 7 points in week, and most of the time that doesn't happen.

This is why I stay away from leagues where I have to pay to join. This was always going to be "For Fun" and something I don't want to spend money on. Now seeing all these injuries, it's not fun anymore and maybe Fantasy has just gotten so big that the novelty has worn off.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I work some Sundays, listening to games is actually real nice. You aren’t as invested, you know you can watch highlights later, catching the late game is nice. If you have any projects or just go for a walk or somethin- go shopping, bet stores are dead then- but ya, haven’t done ff in a while.

I’d be so pissed if I was Godwin. Dumbass coach just cost that dude millions.

Yesterday between the end of the 49ers game and the Start of the Sharks game I took my brothers Dog on a walk. It was actually nice. Sunday might actually be the ultimate shopping day because no one else is out.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Exactly. It's a chore now. I know the waiver wire is important, but my original thought for Fantasy (And this is 10 years ago) was to follow players and see if they had good days. It wasn't worrying if a guy was going to get hurt and then scouring a waiver wire for a guy I've never even heard of hoping they he might get me 7 points in week, and most of the time that doesn't happen.

This is why I stay away from leagues where I have to pay to join. This was always going to be "For Fun" and something I don't want to spend money on. Now seeing all these injuries, it's not fun anymore and maybe Fantasy has just gotten so big that the novelty has worn off.
legalized sports gambling has ruined fantasy too

it's 95% luck anyways. you could draft a great team and end up missing the playoffs altogether because of injuries or just straight bad luck

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad