Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wasn't Nill here the other day as well?

I can understand the Sens GM being here, apparently they wanted an experienced middle 6F during the off-season
Those we have

Yea...Dallas...they might want Liljegren for all we know or Nick Robertson.

Reactions: Kiwi

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wasn't Nill here the other day as well?

I can understand the Sens GM being here, apparently they wanted an experienced middle 6F during the off-season
Those we have
Yea...Dallas...they might want Liljegren for all we know or Nick Robertson.

I don't think Dallas is a good trading partner with us. Probably just a GM checking out 2 good teams. It's the only game on the schedule.

They have a pretty good defensive core. They could use a center upgrade, something we don't really have to give. I don't see them being super interested in Robertson anytime soon (maybe off-season) and Liljegren. I could see them liking Holmberg as a depth forward since he's cheap and versatile, but Leafs need him too.

Reactions: Kiwi and TMLAM34

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I am shocked at our top 4. If OEL is really this. Then we have a great D corps.

I would have said we need a 3 c but could domi really be our sheltered offensive line with Tavares as a checker?

Would jarnkrok be there?

Could we go full send on a Smurf line wirh

knies. Matthews. Marner.
Robbie. Domi. Willy
Mcman. Tavares. PAC
Lorentz. Dewar. Jarnkrok?

Would there be enough cap?

I don’t really get this team. I would have said we need a 3C

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I am shocked at our top 4. If OEL is really this. Then we have a great D corps.

I would have said we need a 3 c but could domi really be our sheltered offensive line with Tavares as a checker?

Would jarnkrok be there?

Could we go full send on a Smurf line wirh

knies. Matthews. Marner.
Robbie. Domi. Willy
Mcman. Tavares. PAC
Lorentz. Dewar. Jarnkrok?

Would there be enough cap?

I don’t really get this team. I would have said we need a 3C

I think it's more or less that when healthy, but Kampf isn't sitting out. Dewar would probably be the one in the press box.

The defensive core is veteran heavy and some good warriors in there. I hope they can stay healthy but the Leafs will probably need to trade Liljegren soon regardless.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think it's more or less that when healthy, but Kampf isn't sitting out. Dewar would probably be the one in the press box.

The defensive core is veteran heavy and some good warriors in there. I hope they can stay healthy butut the Leafs will probably need to trade Liljegren soon regardless.

We have too many guys. I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple of Jarnkrok/kampf/holmberg/ dewar traded to get a few picks back.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
whoops wrong thread. Just realized leafs probably need to trade a forward to get under the 23 man roster limit after dealing Lily.

Who we thinking? Jarnkrok for a 4th?

Last edited:

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Been really intrigued by how well our defence has looked. An upgrade there is all of a sudden not as pressing as I assumed that it would be.

I would like to see another really good forward added. Love our top two lines, and I think if we could give Tavares another legit top 9 forward to work with, we would be in terrific shape going forward.

Obviously that would necessitate some other peripheral moves. Not sure the various permutations that would entail.

Minty Cowboy

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
I know Utah is likely looking for a rhd. I’ve been a fan of Brandon Tanev wonder if they’d trade us (and whatever other pieces to balance salary)

Last edited:

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Been really intrigued by how well our defence has looked. An upgrade there is all of a sudden not as pressing as I assumed that it would be.

I would like to see another really good forward added. Love our top two lines, and I think if we could give Tavares another legit top 9 forward to work with, we would be in terrific shape going forward.

Obviously that would necessitate some other peripheral moves. Not sure the various permutations that would entail.

Thinking this as well...

The third line, as it sits, kind of just doesn't work.

You've got Matthews line that you can put out there in any situation.

You've got Domi's line that you might want to be a little selective, but can certainly play more than Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok of last year.

Then you've got the 3rd line, with Tavares who's had a rough start, and not appearing up to pace.... you can't use them in a "defensive" situation, but they're also not overly effective offensively.

I feel like what they need to get is "another" Bobby McMann or Matthew Knies. Somebody that can bring some speed and forechecking, letting Tavares work a bit more in open ice. Pick one of Pacioretty or Robertson... not both.

I'd echo this one again.. if they can pry Jack McBain out of Utah for Liljegren, I can see a really solid fit there, especially as somebody who can maybe allow Tavares to move to the wing.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Liljegren + Robertson to Chicago for Dickinson.

Salaries match.

Hawks get a young player with upside and a youngish depth defenseman who could use a change of scenery.

Leafs get a big middle-six center who hits and takes faceoffs. More offensive upside than Kampf, signed for 1 more year, but off to a slow start in 2024.

Reactions: Minty Cowboy

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Liljegren + Robertson to Chicago for Dickinson.

Salaries match.

Hawks get a young player with upside and a youngish depth defenseman who could use a change of scenery.

Leafs get a big middle-six center who hits and takes faceoffs. More offensive upside than Kampf, signed for 1 more year, but off to a slow start in 2024.
No way he's not a 22 goal scorer.

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad