NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Tennessee is such a loser team.

Stop the Bills on third down with 1:30 left and a timeout. Instead of calling a timeout, they let the Bills run the clock all the way down to 40 or so seconds.

Can't believe the Bills are losing to them.
Brian Callahan has not impressed me as a head coach this year.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I stretch mine out all the time by hanging my ankles off of my steps, especially before going running. Always concerned one day it will go off, but I think I do a good job of it because I don’t use any unnatural foot movements that makes it prone. Saw that talk a lot after Dre Greenlaw blew his running off the sideline.

I strained mine during offseason workouts for lacrosse my senior year of HS. Wasn’t right for a year or so after that initial injury. And yeah, letting your heels hang off a step is the best way to stretch it and your calves.

Reactions: GKJ

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I stretch mine out all the time by hanging my ankles off of my steps, especially before going running. Always concerned one day it will go off, but I think I do a good job of it because I don’t use any unnatural foot movements that makes it prone. Saw that talk a lot after Dre Greenlaw blew his running off the sideline.
Thanks, I needed this added anxiety in my life.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I strained mine during offseason workouts for lacrosse my senior year of HS. Wasn’t right for a year or so after that initial injury. And yeah, letting your heels hang off a step is the best way to stretch it and your calves.
It seems they happen most often when someone tries to spring off their foot suddenly while it’s stepping down. Like, you never see anyone running down the field and their achilles just snaps. They’re starting their forward movement before you’re ready to use your foot’s leverage, and it forces two separate movements from the calf

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It's hard to judge him imo when his starting QB has the football and actual IQ of the condiment he apparently loves so much.

If they have even a middling QB they're probably 4-1 right now.
I just don't think he's been optimizing Levis at all. They saw the boneheaded mistakes and tried to make him into a safe player, which just makes him all around bad, AND STILL RESULTS IN A TURNOVER MACHINE. Take the risks with the rewards of Levis, I think you have a turnover machine who also pushes the ball down the field and has good enough athleticism to make a difference in the run game.

But yeah, you're right. It could honestly just be that Levis is pure garbage and I just overrate what optimized Levis could be based on traits.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
It seems they happen most often when someone tries to spring off their foot suddenly while it’s stepping down. Like, you never see anyone running down the field and their achilles just snaps. They’re starting their forward movement before you’re ready to use your foot’s leverage, and it forces two separate movements from the calf

That’s what happened to mine doing resistance training. Just stepped down off a start and bang I was on the ground.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How does the cap get impacted for a player on IR? Would the Browns be able to get out from under some of that boat anchor because of Watson missing large amounts of time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad