Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
SalC discussed other possible trade targets this morning on wgr

-Safety, They already have Mike Edwardsm two safeties on the PS, and Hyde still sitting on the couch
-Linebacker, they would have to let a promising rookies in Ulofoshio or Andreessen go/put on PS
-Kicker
-Another WR, Joe mentioned Hawkins for ie. Who would they drop, Hollins, Samuel ? Samuel could go on IR with his toe.
-They did not discuss DL but this could be a spot they look at
Ssfety... They have PS and they can side Hyde. Font ser need

LB-' they usually ghb o with just 2.on a pkay. Milani healthy th hey will be fine

WR adding another WR? Who do you drop,? You have Colem as n as s rookie onv as learning curve

They need to. No one is going to want to watch football where teams are taking points from 60+ yards away, which is where we are headed.
wait till it gets cold.....they dont need to change it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It makes me laugh how much respect the Jets are still getting. 2-4 playing an away game at a team who's 4-2, and all of the "experts" are taking the Jets.

It's not like the Jets improved their OL. I feel like Watt and co are going to feast - and Wilson can at least manage the game (and if he really stinks they can go back to Fields)

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
It makes me laugh how much respect the Jets are still getting. 2-4 playing an away game at a team who's 4-2, and all of the "experts" are taking the Jets.

It's not like the Jets improved their OL. I feel like Watt and co are going to feast - and Wilson can at least manage the game (and if he really stinks they can go back to Fields)

Yeah I think in general they get the most unwarranted respect in the league than anyone else. "Experts" won't give him until they are 7-10. Then they will make excuses and double down next year.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019

Totally looking forward to Watt retiring Rodgers

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Bills should cruise in this game. Hopefully the back ups get a lot of time.
I presume a win but this is like, the last week of the season I would be ok seeing a dud. So if they lay one for some reason, things should still be fine...

The Cooper signing is annoyingly raising my optimism for this season. I expected to just cruise through to a familiar divisional round loss and reload for the next few seasons but uh, the AFC is...not great. I guess there's not NOT a chance? :confused:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
SalC discussed other possible trade targets this morning on wgr

-Safety, They already have Mike Edwards, two safeties on the PS, and Hyde still sitting on the couch
-Linebacker, they would have to let a promising rookies in Ulofoshio or Andreessen go/put on PS
-Kicker
-Another WR, Joe mentioned Hawkins for ie. Who would they drop, Hollins, Samuel ? Samuel could go on IR with his toe.
-They did not discuss DL but this could be a spot they look at
Did he mention OL depth? That seems like one area ripe for improvement. Safety I think it would be easy for them to just cut Edwards if they wanted to bring someone in. Hyde is probably the most likely option there though. I can't see them adding another LB or WR.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Did he mention OL depth? That seems like one area ripe for improvement. Safety I think it would be easy for them to just cut Edwards if they wanted to bring someone in. Hyde is probably the most likely option there though. I can't see them adding another LB or WR.
I'd like to see a deal with Arizona for Budda Baker who's on an expiring contract. Instant upgrade to the Safety position with Hamlin to the bench and Mike Edwards waived.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'd like to see a deal with Arizona for Budda Baker who's on an expiring contract. Instant upgrade to the Safety position with Hamlin to the bench and Mike Edwards waived.

Can they make the cap work? I feel like Simmons is a good option who would be cheap assets wise and cap wise. I do think OL depth and a starting S would be good adds at the deadling. Both can be had for pretty cheap. Cooper is probably the big splash, which Im good with. WR was probably the biggest issue.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Andre Cisco would be a great move..low cap hit/expiring year of his rookie deal and young enough to extend. Only 24 and is a playmaker

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I presume a win but this is like, the last week of the season I would be ok seeing a dud. So if they lay one for some reason, things should still be fine...

The Cooper signing is annoyingly raising my optimism for this season. I expected to just cruise through to a familiar divisional round loss and reload for the next few seasons but uh, the AFC is...not great. I guess there's not NOT a chance? :confused:
We can have two or three good games this season in total and win the SB.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
He did not, they have Grable @T who will be likely coming off IR soon though and Gouraige/Edwards on the PS for guard. Anderson, Clapp, Van Demark are on the active roster now as backups.

Anyone wonder if they might drop Von after his suspension ? Could under void terms of contract, then need for pass rush is a sneaky add.

Ray Davis (Calf) and Mike Edwards (Illness) are Questionable for Sunday. All others on the 53 have no injury designation for the game. Looking rather good from a health perspective!

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Totally looking forward to Watt retiring Rodgers

I mean that in the most likely way this ends for the jets. Putting together an elite pass defense and elite skill group and HOF qb with a shit o line and bad run defense. If not vs
Pittsburgh, it’ll happen versus someone. A 41 year old qb can’t get lit up constantly

Reactions: oldgoalie

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He did not, they have Grable @T who will be likely coming off IR soon though and Gouraige/Edwards on the PS for guard. Anderson, Clapp, Van Demark are on the active roster now as backups.

Anyone wonder if they might drop Von after his suspension ? Could under void terms of contract, then need for pass rush is a sneaky add.

Spears is their 1A no?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Andre Cisco would be a great move..low cap hit/expiring year of his rookie deal and young enough to extend. Only 24 and is a playmaker
The problem with a lot of the S options I see is they're strong safeties and the Bills really need a good free safety. Rapp, Hamlin, and Bishop are all more natural SSs. Baker is an elite box player. Cisco I don't know much about in the pros but in college I remember he was very much an in the box player. I'd love to add an elite center fielder, I just don't know if one better than Hyde off the street is out there.

Yeah that OL depth is just saw raw. One more sturdy veteran piece for a day 3 pick would be very useful, I think.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The problem with a lot of the S options I see is they're strong safeties and the Bills really need a good free safety. Rapp, Hamlin, and Bishop are all more natural SSs. Baker is an elite box player. Cisco I don't know much about in the pros but in college I remember he was very much an in the box player. I'd love to add an elite center fielder, I just don't know if one better than Hyde off the street is out there.

Yeah that OL depth is just saw raw. One more sturdy veteran piece for a day 3 pick would be very useful, I think.
Jevon Holland. Probably cost a 2nd, because Miami can't afford him next year and he'll probably get at least a 4th comp pick. But he's a FS and he's very good.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
FWIW I think if they want to replace Bass, trade is the much more realistic option. Here's a list of pending FA kickers: Nick Folk, Matt Prater, Eddy Pineiro, Joey Slye, and Michael Badgley (but a contending team is obviously not trading their kicker).
  • Folk: 40 years old, 8/8 on the year including 3/3 from 50+ (Titans)
  • Prater: 40 years old, 6/6 on the year, 1/1 from 50+ (Cardinals)
  • Piniero: 29 years old, 9/10 on the year, nothing from 50+ (Panthers)
  • Joey Slye: 28 years old, 9/11 on the year but 2/2 from 50+ (Patriots)
Folk is probably my favorite idea due to his success from distances and age, which I imagine would drive his cost down. 6th round pick?

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I mean that in the most likely way this ends for the jets. Putting together an elite pass defense and elite skill group and HOF qb with a shit o line and bad run defense. If not vs
Pittsburgh, it’ll happen versus someone. A 41 year old qb can’t get lit up constantly
I still remember Arthur moats ending Farves consecutive game streak.

Cool trip down memory lane if anybody doesn't remember

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad