Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I’m still trying to figure out how to get paid a tremendous amount of money to not play football for an NFL team. I have decades of experience ready to apply to this task. Some or all of the upcoming Desean Watson buyout would do just fine, it’ll be like a Powerball win the way they’re all trending.
The real trick is to become a failed College Football coach. Have you seen Jimbo Fisher's buyout he's getting?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
wait until Pegula tries to pick James Franklin as McD's successor here one day...
Nah, Franklin just uses every job opening possible as leverage to get more money out of Penn State.

The one college coach who should be interesting to NFL teams is...Bill O'Brien. Guy can coach, doing a terrific job at BC of all places, and his Texans teams were generally pretty good...it's his personnel moves that were atrocious. Keep him out of the front office and he'll do a fine job as head coach. Will be interesting to see if any teams this upcoming cycle look his way.

Reactions: SabresFan26

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
He addresses Cooper’s drops:

His drops have also been widely publicized. But this is why watching the film is so beneficial: you can see the how, what, and why. And the film shows that the evaluation goes well beyond all of those issues as Cooper-only problems. There seem to be pretty distinct reasons for both his lack of production and the drops “issue.”

The ball placement to Cooper has been horrible, and several of the drops assigned to him resulted from an off-body throw that could have been prevented with either a quicker decision, better throwing mechanics or a combination of the two. Cooper does deserve a pair of the drops because they hit him right in the hands, but it’s not as overwhelming of a problem as you might expect, and it likely gets better with an upgrade at quarterback. Through six games, Cooper has six drops. His yearly average in the previous four seasons is five drops, so there is likely some positive regression coming, especially with a massive quarterback upgrade.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

1729134751292.png

Last edited:

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I would feel way better about the team with a healthy Milano and replacing D.Ham he's clearly our weakest defensive player. If you guys had to keep Groot or AJ who are you choosing?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I know jokes and all but running a business is not charity.

If you let it slide here, others are expecting you to let it slide there.
It was a joke, but seeing your need to validate you might want to look into the stiffs that some owners are...

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Amari Cooper drove himself up I-90 East for the just under three-hour drive from Cleveland to Buffalo, New York, alongside Lake Erie.

The drive took place Tuesday in the hours after he was traded from the Cleveland Browns to the Buffalo Bills. His phone buzzing as he made his way to his new team, Cooper was trying to take in what happened and thinking about what awaited him.

"It kind of felt like a long drive to my first day of school," Cooper said, later describing it as an "introspective drive."
----------------------------------------------
"I would still have to kind of go through the week, get a routine, still learning the playbook and everything. I just got here, you know what I mean?" Cooper said. "So, I don't really have an expectation right now that I can chalk up to being realistic until I go through the week. Obviously, if I had to answer the question, the expectation would just be to take it to take full advantage of my opportunities. That's it. I don't know what opportunities I would be blessed with for Sunday, but whatever it is, just take full advantage of it."

the thicker kicker?

Mevis, affectionately known as the “Thiccer Kicker,” boasts unusual size for his position. At 6-foot, 240 pounds, Mevis has immense power in his right leg. Mevis is the all-time scoring leader at Missouri and all-time leader in field goals made.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Okay so it was a joke, but I have no doubt some people actually take it literally.
What scummy law firm do you work for ?:laugh: Maybe the defendant feels the other party did not fulfill there part of the deal ? I'm betting they selloff, settle, or declare bankruptcy and the team doesn't get anywhere near what they wanted. And again like I said you should look into what stiffs clubs can be. There are always two sides.

As SalC said this morning, street agent kickers, I hope fans know what they in for

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

I am cautiously optimistic about this trade.

And going with Bruce's formula of Disappointment = Expectations - Reality, I am just going to expect Cooper to be better than MVS and Hollins on the outside for the Bills the rest of the way in large part because he has zero prior experience with Allen.
I know Cooper is low key but I didn't really care for the vibe he gave off about being here or having a future here tbh. Not seeing him and Josh being best buddies, or hanging out, but maybe Henry (if they even have a good relationship) can talk him into staying if they have some chemistry. I just hope Diggs has not been talking bad about Josh/The club behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: buffalowing88

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know Cooper is low key but I didn't really care for the vibe he gave off about being here or having ANY future here tbh. Not seeing him and Josh being best buddies, or hanging out, but maybe Henry (if they even have a good relationship) can talk him into staying if they have some chemistry. I just hope Diggs has not been talking bad about Josh/The club behind the scenes.
From everything I've read, Cooper is a pretty reserved guy in general.

I wouldn't read anything into an introductory press conference less than 48 hours after a trade.

I just want to see what he looks like in 3-4 weeks after he's had some practice reps and more time to digest the playbook.

As SalC said this morning, street agent kickers, I hope fans know what they in for
One of the things I love to say is, "different isn't guaranteed to be better."

This certainly applies when it comes to trying to address a placekicker need in-season.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I know Cooper is low key but I didn't really care for the vibe he gave off about being here or having a future here tbh. Not seeing him and Josh being best buddies, or hanging out, but maybe Henry (if they even have a good relationship) can talk him into staying if they have some chemistry. I just hope Diggs has not been talking bad about Josh/The club behind the scenes.

One nice thing about Diggs was that he knew how to charm us in the press conferences. Cooper doesn't have much of a personality and I don't think he is interested in endearing himself off the field with anyone to begin with. Gives me Kawhi Leonard vibes, which is fine. I doubt he's on the roster next year.

Also, this is just a weird observation, but why does he have absolute talons for fingernails. I don't think receiver gloves could fit on his hands with those claws. Trim that stuff, man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad