Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I’m still trying to figure out how to get paid a tremendous amount of money to not play football for an NFL team. I have decades of experience ready to apply to this task. Some or all of the upcoming Desean Watson buyout would do just fine, it’ll be like a Powerball win the way they’re all trending.
I had dreams of making millions playing nose tackle, but somehow my 5' 8", 120 lb body was a detriment.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Every NFL team is getting North of $400m per season just in TV money alone. Thats before a single ticket, tshirt, jersey, beer, burger or balcony suite is sold. NFL teams should be literal printing presses for cash money.
The Raiders took out around $1.2B in loans to build their new stadium.

So, that might be a sizable part of the issue, too.

:dunno:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The Raiders took out around $1.2B in loans to build their new stadium.

So, that might be a sizable part of the issue, too.

:dunno:
I don’t know, I’m having a hard time googling anything to support the idea that they’re having any financial difficulties at all since moving to Vegas, which supports what I would have assumed since it’s such a cash rich town. Every article I’m reading indicates that the move to Vegas was heavily motivated by finances and since moving their revenues are sharply up and so is the team valuation which is top 5 in the league. Their ticket price is the highest in the league and they sell out every game due to visiting fans planning Vegas trips around their team’s schedule. It’s a printing press.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t know, I’m having a hard time googling anything to support the idea that they’re having any financial difficulties at all since moving to Vegas, which supports what I would have assumed since it’s such a cash rich town. Every article I’m reading indicates that the move to Vegas was heavily motivated by finances and since moving their revenues are sharply up and so is the team valuation which is top 5 in the league. Their ticket price is the highest in the league and they sell out every game due to visiting fans planning Vegas trips around their team’s schedule. It’s a printing press.
All the reporting around a potential Adams trade was that the Raiders were unwilling to eat any money.

And he goes to the Jets without the Raiders eating a penny.

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
After sleeping on it, I like the Cooper move. A bit concerned about the age. But if it pans out, it could really make our offense dangerous. Cooper and Coleman streaking down the field on deeper routes. Shakir and Kincaid carving people up underneath. Cook and Davis attacking defenses with speed and power. And of course, Josh's legs. Pick your poison defensive coordinators.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
All the reporting around a potential Adams trade was that the Raiders were unwilling to eat any money.

And he goes to the Jets without the Raiders eating a penny.

Fine, but not choosing to spend millions of dollars upgrading a draft pick by a round or so doesn’t automatically mean it’s because financial problems are denying you the means to do so. Owners and GM’s can be tightfisted for plenty of reasons that have nothing to do with empty coffers. It could easily be cap math and forecasting future needs, not wanting to carry a guy who plays somewhere else on your books. For all we know they flipped a coin.

Either way, I’m happy with the outcome we got. I’d rather have Amari, I’d rather have his contract, and I’d rather have the trade we made than the trade the Jets made.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Fine, but not choosing to spend millions of dollars upgrading a draft pick by a round or so doesn’t automatically mean it’s because financial problems are denying you the means to do so. Owners and GM’s can be tightfisted for plenty of reasons that have nothing to do with empty coffers. It could easily be cap math and forecasting future needs, not wanting to carry a guy who plays somewhere else on your books. For all we know they flipped a coin.

Either way, I’m happy with the outcome we got. I’d rather have Amari, I’d rather have his contract, and I’d rather have the trade we made than the trade the Jets made.
They now have over $120M in 2025 cap space which is second most behind NE with over $130M.

If any team had future cap to improve a pick, it was the Raiders.

They just didn't want to spend the money to improve the pick.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
After sleeping on it, I like the Cooper move. A bit concerned about the age. But if it pans out, it could really make our offense dangerous. Cooper and Coleman streaking down the field on deeper routes. Shakir and Kincaid carving people up underneath. Cook and Davis attacking defenses with speed and power. And of course, Josh's legs. Pick your poison defensive coordinators.

Cooper's age doesn't worry me nearly as much as his drops do. We've only got Cooper for 1 year (unless we extend him), and his legs don't appear to be shot at all (fancy stats seem to support this).

Maybe he drops were just "because Cleveland"......but we shall see.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Cooper's age doesn't worry me nearly as much as his drops do. We've only got Cooper for 1 year (unless we extend him), and his legs don't appear to be shot at all (fancy stats seem to support this).

Maybe he drops were just "because Cleveland"......but we shall see.
It seems like he REALLY did not want to be there. Could have a big impact on play. Plus he just came off of a great season, is getting open, and getting targets. He is more likely to stop dropping passes than he is to continue his torrid pace of drops.

Reactions: Zman5778

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
That’s my whole point. They didn’t want to, which is far different than “they couldn’t”.
You certainly nailed it

No more , I , I , me me mine…

Cooper can really take a hit and fight for yards… He may fit with our group , Beane certainly thought so w the WR coach hire , must’ve been when they decided to dump stefon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reddawg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It seems like he REALLY did not want to be there. Could have a big impact on play. Plus he just came off of a great season, is getting open, and getting targets. He is more likely to stop dropping passes than he is to continue his torrid pace of drops.
That's my HOPE.....that he didn't want to be in Cleveland and that his focus just kind of went away on game days.

We'll see. As a fan of Buffalo sports, hope is dangerous.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006

Well, one thing we can say for sure is that Davis isn't spending all his money at the hairdresser.

jdLtJhj.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad