Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man, we’ve had our draft day blunders but passing on Michkov for Reinbacher is going to sting for a long time.
It's insane. Everyone aside from Chicago made a gigantic, gigantic blunder letting him drop.

It's at least "somewhat" understandable with being from Russia and what was going on with his dad. But it was as free a pick for a franchise player as you could get.

They seem to have learned going with Demidov this year

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Honestly he's a similar coach to Green. Firm, straighforward, honest and demanding. Protects his players too. Both want their players to play aggressive forecheck.

There's things I don't like about Green already, for example how he sets-up the PK. ....
I find their PK setup pretty odd. Some sort of diamond formation with the strong side d-man playing really far up from the goal line.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's insane. Everyone aside from Chicago made a gigantic, gigantic blunder letting him drop.

It's at least "somewhat" understandable with being from Russia and what was going on with his dad. But it was as free a pick for a franchise player as you could get.

They seem to have learned going with Demidov this year

Michkov just seemed like a Montreal fit given their experience with guys like Kovalev who have entertaining upside.

They could also afford to wait until he came over.

Reactions: DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Man, we’ve had our draft day blunders but passing on Michkov for Reinbacher is going to sting for a long time.

Fortunatly for them they didn't make the same mistake twice and pass on Demidov, who is probably going to make the teams ahead of him look terrible for passing on him too.

Zero doubt in my mind we would have passed on both had we had the opportunity to draft them.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad