NFL GDT: Week 5: Forever Rivals

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Dak Prescott is now 27-11 in primetime games. His .710 winning percentage compares with only three others: Steve Young (.767, 23-7), Joe Montana (.733, 22-8) and Peyton Manning (.723, 47-18).

No other current QB shines in prime time like #4 does.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
lmao

how was that not PI?
Backup QB but there is 2:30 left and NO down 2 scores. Not outside the realm of possibility for them to score and get an onside kick and at least get in position for a Hail Mary.

Buck and Aikman acting like the game is over…

Also refs missed a hands to the face on the KC De.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
I don't know, this Chiefs season reminds me of Brady's last year in NE. They started 8-0 but it was all smoke and mirrors, it didn't look and feel right. Then the wheels fell off and they fell all the way off.

They're squeezing every bit of juice out of that lemon but the injuries and the toll of the long playoff runs will catch up with them at one point.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chiefs problems are in the red zone. They’ve moved the ball well but too many turnovers/penalties that bogs them down. If they can clean some of that up the stats will look better.

I’m also pretty confident they’ll make a move for a WR in the coming weeks that’ll help some, too. The defense is awesome again and that’s a huge plus.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heard all the same things about the Chiefs last year, except they actually lost games.

Show me the body

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Offense not putting up points when they have the opportunity. Defence still playing great. Injuries mostly to the O.
This is 2019-2020 Patriots all over again. Difference is, the Pats didn't have injuries up front, Brady was just throwing to nobody's. They started the year 8-0, people thought they'd run the gauntlet and go undefeated that year with that fatally flawed roster.

And then it all went to shit.

That said, the Chiefs have one HUGE thing going for them, the AFC is absolute trash this year. Outside of Houston, should they fear anybody?

Buffalo is a one man team with a garbage coach.

Bengals might have the best offence in the conference but that's saddled with the worst defence in the league.

Baltimore's defense is suspect (Every QB going up against them this year had their best game of the season against them) and do you want to bet on Lamar in the playoffs? Last year was the last time I got fooled by this nonsense, I'm off that Bandwagon for good.

The rest? Chargers, Jets, Denver?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is 2019-2020 Patriots all over again. Difference is, the Pats didn't have injuries up front, Brady was just throwing to nobody's. They started the year 8-0, people thought they'd run the gauntlet and go undefeated that year with that fatally flawed roster.

And then it all went to shit.

That said, the Chiefs have one HUGE thing going for them, the AFC is absolute trash this year. Outside of Houston, should they fear anybody?

Buffalo is a one man team with a garbage coach.

Bengals might have the best offence in the conference but that's saddled with the worst defence in the league.

Baltimore's defense is suspect (Every QB going up against them this year had their best game of the season against them) and do you want to bet on Lamar in the playoffs? Last year was the last time I got fooled by this nonsense, I'm off that Bandwagon for good.

The rest? Chargers, Jets, Denver?
The better QBs are in the AFC but each good one has issues with their club.
Chargers, capped out and will take Harbaugh a year to fully get the team he wants.
Houston getting there. Not quite
Balt as you said their D is missing something.
Cincy no Defence.
Buffalo no playmakers. HC leaves you scratching your head. Defence holding up despite injuries.
Jets, too much team drama.
Dolphins Tua injury.
Browns Watson sucks
Steelers have Defnece but no offence.

See whether KC adds a couple of pieces at the deadline. OT and WR seem to be the places to add or they just stockpile the D and ask them to win them the key games.

Ad

Ad

Ad