Grub's Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Training Camp Begins

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Based on what Alvin said I’m seriously wondering whether they are waiting for rosters to be set then waiving Aman and recalling Bains.

I’m probably reading too much into the “we’ll see Wednesday night “

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Based on what Alvin said I’m seriously wondering whether they are waiting for rosters to be set then waiving Aman and recalling Bains.

I’m probably reading too much into the “we’ll see Wednesday night “
I’m thinking he partially said that to soften the blow to Bains a bit, and they might even bring up PDG for game 1 because he’s a trusted veteran and Tocchet’s guy who’ll come out flying.

Reactions: iceburg

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Dhaliwal keeps saying it and Allvin specifically mentioned it today. I'm not a fan at all but I can see it making sense closer to the deadline.

Rumour is Demko will be out till sometime in November now, so it's really hard to say what will happen and I doubt Allvin's comments are worth a bag of rocks. Will really depend obviously on how things play out between Silovs and Lankinen.

Reactions: Vector

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
IR not LTIR. I detailed it out yesterday but they could have sent Bains, Raty, and Silovs all down today. IRed Joshua and kept Demko active. Accrue a higher than expect amount of cap space tomorrow, then IR Demko on Wednesday and recall Raty and Silovs. This would have had the Canucks accruing space tomorrow at a 2.165m tomorrow rate rather than 0.48m.

I'm guessing they didn't do this because they value having the complete roster for practice tomorrow.
I am guessing they can paper them down after practice and “call” them up on game day. I guess technically they can do that whenever we are at home.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I am guessing they can paper them down after practice and “call” them up on game day. I guess technically they can do that whenever we are at home.

I’m not entirely sure how it works for practices. Like, that makes sense but also doesn’t. So I’m curious if they do that tomorrow.

Reactions: arttk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad