Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-1) at Houston (3-1) Sun 10/6 · 1:00 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
There is also this to consider. QB talent and offensive coordinator are considerations as well. Seemingly no guaranteed money after this season. The Bills seem like an unlikely destination.

For some reason the embedded link doesn't display the whole picture or at least doesn't display it for me so here you go

GY0ya4YXkAA2ZVF.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I don't see Adam's coming here. I'd welcome it in a vacuum but I don't want to part with a '2nd rounder plus additional assets' not to mention strapping our cap situation even tighter. hat happens if more injuries come and we need to sign a coupe cheap bodies? We need a couple mill in space

We are already eating Diggs salary. I think we continue to take it on the chin this year. The draft capital is going to be needed next draft as well. More cuts are coming with Von.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don’t think WR is a need at all right now.

I think that the key words are "right now". We're going to be facing better secondaries before the TDL (specifically the Jets and Seahawks, the Texans' secondary is OK and the Titans have Sneed).....so if our WRs (sans Shakir/Kincaid) are still struggling to get open, MAYBE we make a move there.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd take a swipe at Cooper. Not sure he is even worth a 5th/6th rounder though.

Anyone else you can present? lol

Anyone on the jags/Pats/Dolphins/Giants?

Cole Beasley? Hunter Renfrow? KIDDING
Deontae Johnson is by far the receiver that makes the most sense. I’d be thinking outside receivers that win with separation.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I'd rather not buy rentals this year. This is a retool season for sure, see:
- Rookies in starting positions (Coleman, I believe Bishop was supposed to start but got hurt)
- Green coordinators
- A zillion dollars in dead cap
- Backups all over the defense
Agreed. Zero reason to overreact and spend assets after a clunker in week 4 of a reboot season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think it depends on where we're at by the TDL. If we're cruising to a division title, then maybe find a cheap veteran starter to add to the defense. There isn't one AFC team that's head and shoulders above the rest. Get in, and hope Allen goes on a heater.

Reactions: Sabreality

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
I don’t think WR is a need at all right now. I’d like to upgrade MVS in the off-season, maybe Samuel. But Coleman, Shakir, Hollin are solid
Eh - Hollins/MVS have played 240 snaps through 4 games (60 snaps/game). Most of those snaps are at boundary receiver opposite Coleman. When Allen targets those 2, he is a woeful 6 out of 17 for 72 yards. It's a problem. Maybe not quite as big as the entire middle of our defense being injured right now. But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if adding a boundary WR was on Beane's radar.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So there's no player out there that meets your criteria. This seem like emotional flailing then.
My criteria?

I was pointing out the fact that despite what people like to say, the salary cap is real. And the Bills do not have a lot of cap space today and because of the moves they have made already this year, they do not have a ton of levers to pull to create more cap space.

Now when it comes to the rumors that WRs like Adams and Cooper are on the trade block, I am just saying that I will be surprised if the Bills can make it work cap-wise given the current situation.

And with all the injuries they are dealing with, Beane may choose to not add unless it is to replace someone who gets hurt.

Would I like to see Davante Adams in a Bills uniform this season? Sure. But, I will be surprised if that were to happen because the Bills will likely need to have the Raiders do some things cap-wise that raise the reported price of a 2nd+ to perhaps a 1ast rounder. And I will be surprised if Beane trades his 2025 1st given that the plan was that this season was a soft reset year.

Trading your 1st for a WR mid-season is way more of a win now move. I would be surprised if Beane does that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Eh - Hollins/MVS have played 240 snaps through 4 games (60 snaps/game). Most of those snaps are at boundary receiver opposite Coleman. When Allen targets those 2, he is a woeful 6 out of 17 for 72 yards. It's a problem. Maybe not quite as big as the entire middle of our defense being injured right now. But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if adding a boundary WR was on Beane's radar.
Replacing MVS with Davante Adams would be a huge increase in talent.

I just expect that the trade cost, concern about buy in to "Everybody Eats", and the cap implications will lead Beane to pass on it for now. And given the time to develop chemistry between Allen and WRs might limit the impact, too.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The raiders can always convert his base to signing bonus reducing his cap hit for acquiring team to vet minimum. But I think we’d be shopping in a tier down from Adams.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 084931.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-02 085107.jpg

Given that it would be converting around $16M to a signing bonus that means that the 2025 Dead Cap for the Raiders will climb to over $25M if I am doing the math right.

My guess is that the Raiders would want a 1st and maybe more to do that.

:dunno:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Replacing MVS with Davante Adams would be a huge increase in talent.

I just expect that the trade cost, concern about buy in to "Everybody Eats", and the cap implications will lead Beane to pass on it for now. And given the time to develop chemistry between Allen and WRs might limit the impact, too.
Yup, and honestly, Im not throwing in the towel on the offense over one bad game against a defense that was ELITE last year. Also, I'm wondering how the game goes if not for that awful trick play. Momentum was really starting to shift in our direction, and the game atleast gets interesting if we come away with points on that drive. I doubt Brady tries that craziness again.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yup, and honestly, Im not throwing in the towel on the offense over one bad game against a defense that was ELITE last year. Also, I'm wondering how the game goes if not for that awful trick play. Momentum was really starting to shift in our direction, and the game atleast gets interesting if we come away with points on that drive. I doubt Brady tries that craziness again.
I also wonder how things would have gone if Brady had used pre-snap shifts and motions as much as they did earlier this season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad