NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not to keep harping on Bryce Young and I didn't even see his play today except the pick but him and Kyler and Russ aren't comparable whatsoever. Those names get thrown around due to the size but they have elite traits so while they may have issues seeing certain things and throwing to the middle of the field, they can make up for it in other ways. I'm watching Kyler right now and Bryce literally can't do any of this. It's still very early but I can't see a path for success for Bryce right now.

Reactions: RedRocking

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Not to keep harping on Bryce Young and I didn't even see his play today except the pick but him and Kyler and Russ aren't comparable whatsoever. Those names get thrown around due to the size but they have elite traits so while they may have issues seeing certain things and throwing to the middle of the field, they can make up for it in other ways. I'm watching Kyler right now and Bryce literally can't do any of this. It's still very early but I can't see a path for success for Bryce right now.
Never understood the pick. Had no idea that Stroud would be this good. But taking a 5’10” QB 1OA who doesn’t have one elite trait never made sense.

Feel for the kid with how dysfunctional the franchise is, tho. Maybe he needs to sit and watch?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

More likely than not at this point that this will go down as one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history

Bears haul at this point from trade

WR D.J. Moore
T Darnell Wright
CB Tyrique Stevenson
QB Caleb Williams
P Tory Taylor
2025 2nd round pick

Jury is out on Williams and Taylor obviously but so far Bears have a #1 WR, a stud young CB and a starting RT from trade

Of course, Bears could still regret trading pick with Stroud emergence. If Williams is success of course that changes things with regard to passing on Stroud

But value wise Bears did great

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Such a fun win for the Vikings. That felt good after it was hard to tell what to think because it was the crappy Giants last week.

Vikings D gave up a couple of long drives but also had some great moments. Flores is an incredible DC and that unit might be legit.

All the focus is on the ridiculous 97 yard pass and catch to JJ but for me this was Darnold’s best play of the game:

That was third down in the fourth quarter, which essentially iced the game. That was also without JJ, Addison, and Hockenson. What a freakin throw and great catch by Nailor, who is showing why KOC loves him.

Let’s go, @LightningStorm and @Big Poppa Puck !
Great read by Darnold there by taking advantage of the DB's back turned. Darnold rose to the occasion on that drive without our 3 best pass catchers getting that FG and leaving SF with limited time. Was concerned after the Jones goal line fumble, but we held on enough to win. Glad Jefferson's injury isn't too bad.

Reactions: Avs_19

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only reason to compare them is because they’re short. Bryce can move functionally, but he’s not going to run, and he isn’t as athletic to be able to do it. He is supposed to be more comparable to Drew Brees, pass to spots, move within the pocket, throw people open, and make adjustments.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No matter what happens, there is no way the Chiefs want to see the Bengals again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad