NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a play by Stroud. If it was the other guy they'd be saying that's the next Mahomes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So if they had challenged the spot of the ball rather than whether or not it was a first down they would've won the challenge? Not a first down either way but it'd be a win. I don't get that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So if they had challenged the spot of the ball rather than whether or not it was a first down they would've won the challenge? Not a first down either way but it'd be a win. I don't get that.
If you challenge the spot, I guess you gotta tell them where you think it is.

Reactions: Avs_19

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
If you challenge the spot, I guess you gotta tell them where you think it is.
No, I don’t think you can just challenge the spot anytime. It has to be something where you get a reversal (like a conversion - not sure what else would count).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No, I don’t think you can just challenge the spot anytime. It has to be something where you get a reversal (like a conversion - not sure what else would count).
If you're 2 or 3 yards off on the spot, that changes your playcall

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
If you're 2 or 3 yards off on the spot, that changes your playcall
Yea, but you can’t “win” a challenge unless a call is overturned - like at the goal line, line of gain, or whether someone stepped out of bounds.

Otherwise, what’s the standard? 1 yard, 2? 6 inches?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yea, but you can’t “win” a challenge unless a call is overturned - like at the goal line, line of gain, or whether someone stepped out of bounds.

Otherwise, what’s the standard? 1 yard, 2? 6 inches?
If you challenge for 2 yards, and you're right, then you're right. It's just very difficult, which is why you don't try to pinpoint it, just say you made the line to gain. Spots are almost never worth the challenge.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bears need to try and take a deep shot and stretch out the Texans defense.

Of course they're within the 30, so it's hard to go very deep, but there's not much happening beyond 10 yards

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bears touchdown, set up trying to go downfield and draw the pass interference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad