NFL GDT: Week 16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I hate New England as much as the next guy, and they own heavy real estate in us Steelers fans’ heads, but the conspiracy theorists out there need to shut it.

It’s not like every call in their favor has been that bad, and as for the lack of penalties on them lately - uh, maybe they just have the most disciplined D in the league? It’s not like they don’t have arguably the best D coordinator in the league or anything.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Baltimore clinches a spot too i believe.

The Titans and Bills can't pass them since they max they can win is 9 now.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I hate New England as much as the next guy, and they own heavy real estate in us Steelers fans’ heads, but the conspiracy theorists out there need to shut it.

It’s not like every call in their favor has been that bad, and as for the lack of penalties on them lately - uh, maybe they just have the most disciplined D in the league? It’s not like they don’t have arguably the best D coordinator in the league or anything.

They don't have the best defensive coordinator in the league. You beat a toothless Buffalo team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That Carolina win really bones NBC next week.

I don't really see why. If a 10-5 CAR v. 9-6 ATL game was good for the SNF game what exactly is stopping from using it at 11-4 v. 9-6? Either way it was possible that both teams could already be clinched by the time it starts. Sure playing for the 5 seed is something, but it's pretty meaningless in itself. At least now there's a chance it could be CAR playing for the division but I doubt it.

In reality had CAR lost they probably would have had the winner of SEA/DAL as the SNF game next week as a result of the ATL, and DET losses had CAR also lost that winner would have been guaranteed in with a win, and guaranteed out with a loss. Now that's CAR has won they can't go that route either as an ATL win kills whoever that is

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
there's basically nothing left to decide: NBC's screwed either way.

Divisions clinched: Jacksonville, New England, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Philadelphia.

Playoff spots clinched: Carolina

Best hope for them might be to somehow flex the Bills/Dolphins (lol) or Jags/Titans game since there rest are essentially meaningless.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't really see why. If a 10-5 CAR v. 9-6 ATL game was good for the SNF game what exactly is stopping from using it at 11-4 v. 9-6? Either way it was possible that both teams could already be clinched by the time it starts. Sure playing for the 5 seed is something, but it's pretty meaningless in itself. At least now there's a chance it could be CAR playing for the division but I doubt it.

In reality had CAR lost they probably would have had the winner of SEA/DAL as the SNF game next week as a result of the ATL, and DET losses had CAR also lost that winner would have been guaranteed in with a win, and guaranteed out with a loss. Now that's CAR has won they can't go that route either as an ATL win kills whoever that is
If Carolina lost, that game would've been an eliminator, with the other team getting in. You want 2 teams playing for something, not 1. If the Saints win next week, the Panthers are playing for nothing. If the Texans knock off the Steelers (lol) then we've got something cooking out in the AFC

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It’s not like they don’t have arguably the best D coordinator in the league or anything.

There's not a argument that puts him remotely close to Schwartz or Phillips let alone better.

And there are many more in the better category as well. It may be a stretch to have him top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad