NCAA GDT: Week 13 Rivalry Week

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They could very well beat Georgia next week but if they play anything even close to the way they played tonight they'll be absolutely buried. If they got mauled at the LOS by Auburn, imagine what the nation's best team in the trenches could do to them.

I hope this is the year Georgia finally wins it and they'll probably have to beat Alabama at least once along the way to do it.

Georgia sports fans deserve it after the super bowl lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Georgia beats Alabama and they put in a 2 loss Alabama team that has been scraping by against inferior opponents, I give up. They have one quality win, against Ole Miss. That's it.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I usually never count out Bama and even with UGAs reputation as chokers, it's hard for me to see Bama winning or the game even being close. Maybe if Stetson Bennett struggles.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If Georgia beats Alabama and they put in a 2 loss Alabama team that has been scraping by against inferior opponents, I give up.
I think it depends on how Georgia beats Bama.
If they crush them, then it's a tough sell and Bama is probably out

If it is a close game that comes down to the final possession, then it's easy to justify Bama getting in

A lot depends on the Oklahoma game tonight. If State loses, then there is a great chance a 2-L Bama makes it

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If Georgia beats Alabama and they put in a 2 loss Alabama team that has been scraping by against inferior opponents, I give up. They have one quality win, against Ole Miss. That's it.

I think it works out for the better today.

Losing the Iron Bowl and beating UGA would have been absurd.

At least it's more clear cut here

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Is Cincy now the #2 seed?
Good news for them is they are now likely not getting fed to Georgia in the Semi-Finals.

Probably looking at Cincy vs. Michigan and UGA vs. Bama/OKST/ND

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
If Georgia beats Alabama and they put in a 2 loss Alabama team that has been scraping by against inferior opponents, I give up.

Don't be surprised if it happens.

If Oklahoma State and Notre Dame both win tonight, and Michigan takes care of Iowa next week, there should be no avenue for which 2-loss Alabama gets a spot, but the CFP committee would rather bomb a children's shelter in Cincinnati than leave out Alabama.

Obviously if Alabama wins not only are they getting a spot but they're getting the #1 seed.

Georgia sports fans deserve it after the super bowl lol

To reopen that wound, the Patriots beat the Falcons 25-0 this year. 28-3 = 25. Ouch. :laugh:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
outside of the 1st half against ole miss, what has alabama shown that we're so sure they're gonna win next week?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think it depends on how Georgia beats Bama.
If they crush them, then it's a tough sell and Bama is probably out

If it is a close game that comes down to the final possession, then it's easy to justify Bama getting in

A lot depends on the Oklahoma game tonight. If State loses, then there is a great chance a 2-L Bama makes it

Yeah, it depends on other results. Assuming a 1 loss Michigan, undefeated Cincy and 1 loss Oklahoma State, there's no way that a 2 loss Alabama should get in. No way, they'd have no argument.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I could see Alabama being 2 just so the SEC Championship can be a Game of the Century

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I'm guessing Michigan moves to 2 and Alabama stays at 3, tbh
true for this next week's rankings, but for the final ranking idk how they can keep Cincy as a #4 seed.
that is seemingly off the table now.

If UGA, Michigan, and Cincy win out like they should, at that point Cincy is comfortably in a #2/#3 spot.
the committee was banking on having Cincy as the #4 seed and them getting murdered by Georgia and then setting the precedent of "see, we let Go5 in and look what happened!"
that's not on the table any more IMO.

I do think Bama might be ranked #2 this week to try and manipulate their inevitable final ranking to get a 2-L Bama in.
can hear it now:
"#2 Bama lost to #1 UGA in a close game.... so we're keeping Bama in! What do you mean they aren't one of the 4 best teams? of course they are! They should get another shot!"

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
true for this next week's rankings, but for the final ranking idk how they can keep Cincy as a #4 seed.
that is seemingly off the table now.

If UGA, Michigan, and Cincy win out like they should (Michigan could maybe lose of the 3), at that point Cincy is comfortably in a #2/#3 spot.
the committee was banking on having Cincy as the #4 seed and them getting murdered by Georgia and then setting the precedent of "see, we let Go5 in and look what happened!"
that's not on the table any more IMO.

Yeah it is. Georgia beats Alabama and stays at 1. Michigan moves up to 2 this week and beats Iowa and stays at 2. Cincinnati beats Houston. Oklahoma state beats Oklahoma and moves to 5, then beats Baylor and jumps Cincinnati to 3 and Cincinnati is 4 and gets Georgia.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Yeah it is. Georgia beats Alabama and stays at 1. Michigan moves up to 2 this week and beats Iowa and stays at 2. Cincinnati beats Houston. Oklahoma state beats Oklahoma and moves to 5, then beats Baylor and jumps Cincinnati to 3 and Cincinnati is 4 and gets Georgia.
yeah true. that is a scenario.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

This is indeed a realistic possibility.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I heard Feldman on a podcast and he doesn't think the committee will let Alabama in with two losses. Said they won't make Georgia beat them twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad