NFL GDT: Week 1: The Road to Immortality Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's finally Week 1 in the NFL, and I've been commissioned to do the NFL GDT's too apparently, I guess we'll see how much juice I have. We've endured the off-season, draft, contract disputed, bad pre-season football, and generally weak college football outside of a handful of games to get to this point, and our rewards is the next 18 (23 including playoffs) Thursdays, Sundays, holidays, and other days to endure the one thing we are told we can't get enough of.

Thursday: the 2-time defending champs look to be the first team in the Super Bowl era to turn that 2 into a 3. A rematch of the AFC Championship Game, with a flip of the home field, Kansas City Chiefs host the Baltimore Ravens on NBC, and they want people to know that their offense is back, all the way back. scheduled officially for 8:20pm kickoff. KC -3

We have our first Friday opening weekend game, and our first NFL game in South America. The Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles make the 10ish-hour trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil to play at Neo Quimica Arena, the 14th largest stadium in Brazil and home to/owned by SC Corinthans and is expected to seat over 47,000 for the game. This is an Eagles an home game. The Eagles will unveil their new offense which added Saquon Barkley at running back, and Nick Sirianni ceding nearly all of his control of the offense to Kellen Moore, which is bound to not have people asking questions about who should be the head coach if this is going to work. Eagles also hire Vic Fangio, who they wanted to hire before last season, but because the NFL is stupid with their coach hiring process, didn't happen, so it is now, and no one knows what's going to happen with the Eagles defense, my guess is it takes a while to make the pieces fit, presuming they do at all. So, we could be looking at some points here. Jordan Love begins his second full season as the starting QB, and first as the highest paid player in the league, which also makes sense. This is a Peacock Game, which is a pain for a lot of people, but not me! Philly and Green Bay markets will get the game on TV locally.

Sunday Maps! CBS Single window:

1725500740599.png

Blue
New England @ Cincinnati
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Green
Jacksonville @ Miami
Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

Yellow
Houston @ Indianapolis
Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Jason McCourty

Cyan
Arizona @ Buffalo
Tom McCarthy, Ross Tucker, Jay Feely

Red
Las Vegas @ LA Chargers (LATE)
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Orange
Denver @ Seattle (LATE)
Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

Fox Early:

1725500924986.png

Red
Pittsburgh @ Atlanta
Joe Davis, Greg Olsen

Blue
Minnesota @ NY Giants
Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Green
Tennessee @ Chicago
Adam Amin, Mark Sanchez

Yellow
Carolina @ New Orleans
Chris Myers, Mark Schlereth

Fox Late:

1725501019318.png

Red
Dallas @ Cleveland
Kevin Burkhardt, Tom Brady - who we do not yet know if he will have access to pre-production meetings because, as usual, he wants to make his $375m being an analyst and be part-owner of the Raiders. The NFL, as if this writing, has yet to define what kind of access he can have and what level of conflict of interest exists here. CLE -2.5

Blue
Washington @ Tampa Bay
Kevin Kugler, Daryl Johnston

Sunday Night Football has a playoff rematch and the feel-good, and then later feel-bad-for story of the Detroit Lions hosting the Los Angeles Rams. The playoff game was the actual Matthew Stafford return game, but that aspect seemed to lose a bit of juice given the playoff nature. Not sure how often we've had the return game end up in the playoffs. DET -5

Monday Night Football, Aaron Rodgers is gonna try this again. The New York Jets travel west to play the San Francisco 49ers, so the Field of Death that exists at the Meadowlands isn't in-play here. It's real Bermuda grass in Santa Clara. It's definitely last call for the Jets, they're not gonna have Zach Wilson to blame anymore if this doesn't work, not that it wasn't their fault to begin with that he was even there last year at all. The 49ers have the daunting prospect of the Super Bowl loser trying to make it back there, more often than not is a very tough hill to climb. They finally have Aiyuk signed, and we'll see how much Brock Purdy gets paid. SF -4.5

Welcome back!

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm looking forward to Sunday Red Zone. 49ers get the sole game on Monday night, so Sunday is going to be a lot of fun.

Everyone seems to be on the Atlanta bandwagon. I picked them in the week 1 pickem, but weren't they bad last year and isn't Cousins coming off an injury? Not only that but Pitts was injured today as well. I'm tempted to change my upset pick to the Steelers because I don't really understand the Falcon love.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh boy, can't wait to partake in what I have now dubbed the Tua Cycle.

First few weeks: Tua puts up gaudy numbers, leads entirely too early MVP conversation, Dolphins will start to believe maybe he doesn't suck

Mid-season comes: Miami gets bitch smacked back to reality by somebody (looking at the schedule, let's say Buffalo) and Dolphins fans slow their roll a little bit, but remain generally optimistic. Tua cools off, but not alarmingly so.

December: Miami starts to get exposed by teams that aren't complete trash and lose 3 of the 4 games in the month on top of stumbling at the end of November. They go from surefire playoff team to needing a win in New York in week 18 to either win the division or just barely squeak in. Tua's numbers do what they always do.

Week 18: Tua shits the bed in a must win game costing Miami the division, and perhaps the playoffs entirely as it will be a cold game in New York. Dolphins fans spend entire off-season bitching about how Tua is a fraud and McDaniel is a one trick pony.

2025 season; repeat step one.

Hi it's me, I'm one of these fans.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm looking forward to Sunday Red Zone. 49ers get the sole game on Monday night, so Sunday is going to be a lot of fun.

Everyone seems to be on the Atlanta bandwagon. I picked them in the week 1 pickem, but weren't they bad last year and isn't Cousins coming off an injury? Not only that but Pitts was injured today as well. I'm tempted to change my upset pick to the Steelers because I don't really understand the Falcon love.
I found a good deal which has Red Zone for 40% off so I ended up signing up. I will have RZ all year this year. It's a pretty good deal with it being 60/4 dollars per month plus radio

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
With the first ever game in Brazil this week, I feel like there was a missed opportunity of using "Welcome to the Jungle" for the thread subtitle
I feel like having it on peacock is dumb but I'll save my rant on that for tomorrow

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Presumably an AFC championship game preview tonight. Even though I’m a big big big fan of the Texans this year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Presumably an AFC championship game preview tonight. Even though I’m a big big big fan of the Texans this year.
If there is a ‘big’ concern with the Texans, it’s that I’m not sure they’re as young as people think once you get past the top guys.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Presuming he stays healthy, my gut tells me Tua is going to change the narrative this year, if only to silence people like that POS Chris Canty who can't stop his verbal anti-Tua diarrhea .

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I found a good deal which has Red Zone for 40% off so I ended up signing up. I will have RZ all year this year. It's a pretty good deal with it being 60/4 dollars per month plus radio

I've just been getting it through Youtube TV. I wish I could get discounts on RedZone but I haven't found any.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Oh boy, can't wait to partake in what I have now dubbed the Tua Cycle.

First few weeks: Tua puts up gaudy numbers, leads entirely too early MVP conversation, Dolphins will start to believe maybe he doesn't suck

Mid-season comes: Miami gets bitch smacked back to reality by somebody (looking at the schedule, let's say Buffalo) and Dolphins fans slow their roll a little bit, but remain generally optimistic. Tua cools off, but not alarmingly so.

December: Miami starts to get exposed by teams that aren't complete trash and lose 3 of the 4 games in the month on top of stumbling at the end of November. They go from surefire playoff team to needing a win in New York in week 18 to either win the division or just barely squeak in. Tua's numbers do what they always do.

Week 18: Tua shits the bed in a must win game costing Miami the division, and perhaps the playoffs entirely as it will be a cold game in New York. Dolphins fans spend entire off-season bitching about how Tua is a fraud and McDaniel is a one trick pony.

2025 season; repeat step one.

Hi it's me, I'm one of these fans.

I’m sure the Tuaceptions will be at a respectable low this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad